Donorgate police 'to press criminal charges'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Dec 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

About bloody time... :thumbright:

[Full story]
  2. I agree it's about time but I bet they only get the small fry who will end up in the poo as opposed to the people who probably know all about it, sanction it and encourage it.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

KLNA: True, but a collar is a collar... shit can go up as well as down (especially if they turn Queen's Evidence)! :wink:
  4. I thought the police were still trying to decide whether to prosecute Labour. Personally I think some excuse will be found for not proceeding.... after all, does it not require the consent of the DPP who is answerable to the Solicitor General, a Government Minister?

Then again, there must be a junior civil servant who could be scapegoated.... like the one at the DWP... for the failings of their superiors.
  5. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Get that bastard Brown in court - let them go down in history as the most corupt government this country has ever known - Jock tawts.
  6. It doesn't matter whether they are sweaties or not, they are just a bunch of lying, cheating, incompetent & corrupt kunts that we've had the misfortune of having lead this country spiralling ever downwards total wrack and ruin. How can a government fcuk up a country in so short a time? Ok, the Tories might have given them a few ideas to start with but, fcuks me, they took some of those ideas and applied those principles ten-fold.
  7. They have added more taxes and increased more taxes than all the previous governments put together.

Now they are awarding themselves a 10% payrise.

I don't think 2008 is going to be a very good year.
  8. Now was George Orwells Animal Farm a work of fiction?
  9. quite agree ... put that bastard Thatcher and her corrupt scum son up against the wall too ... pretty please :w00t:
  10. mind you as long as I get to dance on her grave I'll be satisfied ...
  11. No strong feelings either way with Maggie - although you only have to read Simon Weston's thoughts to see what a cow she could be - but I thought it was a pity that she was chucked out for the best idea she ever had. I do believe that the fairest system for local taxation would be to charge everyone on the electoral roll and apply means testing according to each person's ability to pay.
  12. But would they get tried under English or Scottish law?

Who cares I hear you cry.
  13. they said charges were likely in cash for honours, it never materialisd.

Funny that.