Done the unthinkable, I lied

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gengar, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to enter BRNC very soon, and hope to join the submarine service as a weapon engineering officer. From the moment I walked into the careers office I wasn't completely honest with them. I was presented with a dilemma, tell the truth and guarantee that I don't get in, or lie and ensure that I do. I chose the latter, the thing now is if I come clean, I will 100% get kicked out.

The role requires you to be either a British or British dual citizenship. I'm neither, I was born in Iran and came to the UK when I was 14 to study. I've been in the UK now for 10 years and finished my nuclear engineering degree last year. I know this is extremely deceitful but I'm inches away from joining. Part of me is worried about the types of charges I could face if caught, but another part of me thinks I would have been caught already.

Is there any way at all that the British citizen rule can be waived? What if I give them some very credible references? I have a lot riding on this.

Please be honest with your opinions, if it was you in my situation and everything depended on you joining the UK armed forces?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

This is a bite, right?
  3. Bite? I don't understand.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...rather like your name, Yytyrty Tyrtytry? :roll:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Simples.

The weather in the UK has been shit the last few months. Therefore, for the next couple of intakes at BRNC, after checking of pasports, anyone with a suntan or similar appearance, will undergo more SC checks before being thrown out of BRNC and into Dartmoor
    • Like Like x 2
  6. If this is gen then you should inform someone asap, if they dont find you out at BRNC then the DV guys will and at that stage you will be in for a world of questioning and suspicion.
  7. What happened to the requirement to present one's Birth Certificate on application and the completed F Ident 177?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yawn, really?

"...About to enter BRNC" Huh?"

To achieve this, applicants have to produce a valid British passport prior to entry in order to facilitate Security Clearance and verify identity as part of the basic check verification record. No passport, no join.

In the event an individual produces a counterfeit passport, then they'll be issued a set of pyjamas with 'pretty pointy arrow' patterns to wear in their new bedroom.

There are no nationality waivers unfortunately - it's all to do with the US of A and nuclear stuff.

Never mind, eh?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. My bold, well that's alright then as Iran will have nuclear stuff soon themselves .... so what's the problem ? .... :)
  10. I hope to make it onto the November selection. The passport is real, I've been here for 10 years and gone through the correct chanels although my passport and birth certificate says British, years ago when I filled in the application for naturalisation as a British citizen that is where I provided expired documents. Are there any other jobs in the armed forces which I'd be eligible to apply for?

An officer role though
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. *cough*

12. He's already admitted he's a liar.All we're deciding now is just how big the whoppers are.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I'm not arguing with him, Iranian, nuclear qualification...risky risky risky.
  14. sgtpepperband

What I want to know is... do you pronounce it "Eye-Ran" or "Ee-Ran"? It's just that's I've been watching a lot of CNN lately and wanted to get the lowdown from a native, so to speak. Thanks in anticipation!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You massive fibber. I'm so outraged that i'm going to drown my flatcoat in my lake, and then jump on my horse, Geronimo, and gallop to the next village and thrash some students and hippies, before drinking 20 pints at the local hostlery and taking Kate Beckinsale to bed. With Sarah Parrish. All night. Thrice.

I hate liars.
  16. sgtpepperband

There's no way you could smash 20 pints.
  17. Unless they invent a branch named the Lying Persian ****, then I think the answer is no. You could always go down the Dr AQ Khan route and sell nuclear secrets to dodgy states, say someone like Iran.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sounds like an average Sunday afternoon to me