Donald S. Evans, Rear Admiral US Navy

Does anyone know anything about this gent? He lived 1901-1965, and I guess he worked over here sometime around 1941-45, because someone donated an organ to my local church in his memory, but I can't find any more info.

Ta.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ians_lad said:
Does anyone know anything about this gent? He lived 1901-1965, and I guess he worked over here sometime around 1941-45, because someone donated an organ to my local church in his memory, but I can't find any more info.

Ta.
Oh dear, an organ you say?

Ians_lad said:

Ta.
Try the military attache at the US Embassy in London

www.usembassy.org.uk

you might get some joy there

:)

Ninja_Stoker said:
Ians_lad said:

Ta.
Bugger, I knew I should have phrased that differently...

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ians_lad said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
Ians_lad said:

Ta.
Bugger, I knew I should have phrased that differently...
Sorry, too tempting!

Just found out elsewhere he was a comms oficer during the invasions of French Morocco and Sicily.

Still don't know why he should care about Westley Waterless, unless he made a general bequest, and someone spent his money where they thought it would be useful.