Doesn't just rain it fucking pours!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by RomanyRanner, Jun 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few of you who know me personally know that I have been having a few medical issues of late.
    Thought I was in the clear. Had an MRA this after, just to follow up on some previous test. Not expecting to find anything.
    5pm just setting off on the 1st tee of our local course, 100 deg F sweating a bastard. When the misses calls me. 'How are you feeling? Drive yourself carefully to the ER of our local hospital. Your Neurologist will meet you there' why says I ? all curious like. 'You have bi-lateral Carotid artery dissections' says she.
    I think I said 'oh shit' or something to that effect. Didn't even get to play the first tee. I hope they give me a rain check!
    Anyways, now laid up in a hospital bed for the 4th time in 6 months. Some Heparin stuff dripping into my arm.
    Have a Neuro surgeon paying me a visit early am.
    Only just turned 50!!
    Downhill from then.

2. My mate was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma some years ago, he went to Christies and was told he had 3 years, they gave him some new drugs and chemo and kept him going for 10 years or so and were optimistic that they had won, he and his wife were starting to look foreward to getting on with the plans they had made for their retirement, then last year he didnt feel too good and thought it was back, the Doc told him it wasnt but the treatment he'd had, had damaged his bone marrow and he now has leukemia and will cross the bar in a couple of months, rains, pours, kicks you in the doodahs

3. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Hope all goes well RR.

4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Fucking hell Sharkey, that's boosted morale you cheerful fucker!!!

• Like Like x 7
  5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

You're certainly going through the mill Steve, hope all turns out well and you'll be back cruising with Mr and Mrs P soon.

6. Start the day with a smile, thats my motto.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Unlucky shippers, get well soon.

Here's a shitty one to liven up your day:

My step dad was diagnosed with severe Menieres disease a few years back, it effects your inner ear causing balance problems and eventual deafness. It won't kill him, but it means he blacks out a couple of times a day and collapses in a snotty heap, he likens it to being incredibly dizzy all the time, sometimes the dizziness is just too much and he falls over. As an additional bonus eventually it will cause him to go completely deaf.

Here is the best part, he makes his living as a professional musician and his only form of transport is a motorcycle.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I used to have that but, funnily enough, the symptoms disappeared when I got divorced... :shock:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bad luck RR but it is better these things are spotted rather than finding out when it's all but too late.

10. As one door closes.........another one slams in your face........good luck RR

11. S'pose its too early to start talking steaming bats ??? :grin:

• Like Like x 1
  12. You can always rely on a matelot!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sending positive thoughts RR, hoping for a happy ending with crossed golf clubs!!!!

14. Had meningitis a couple of years back, that's not exactly a barrel of laughs, fucking bug ate through part of my skull and started having a go at me brain lining before the doc's got it under control. Off work for almost eight months and nearly two years before I was somewhere near normal. Keep smiling mate and best wishes, as they say laughter is the best medicine.

15. Lol your a bunch of funny bastards, just what I needed.
    Underwent a ultrasound and CTA of head and neck this morning.
    Results didn't look too good..
    Almost total blockage due to dissection of left carotid artery, 75% blockage of right Carotid artery.
    Being an ex tiff I figure only 25% blood flowing to my brain! Too bloody close a call I think.

Hold off on the steaming bats, it's in my will to be buried wearing them.
    Can't think of a cause, very weird to have it both sides.
    Can only assume it's due to all the 'Shades of Grey' rampant sex I have been having lately.

16. I didn't think tiffs had any blood flowing to their brains! That's why us Mechs were invented ;)

17. Released from the hospital.
    Not going the surgery route 'stents' dissections are too far up and too big.
    Going for 6 months of medication with regular scans. Have to be on the look out for stroke symptoms. So keeping my fingers crossed.

The cause is being out done to the pneumonia O had about 4 weeks back.
    Weird.

18. Sorry to read all this RR. Fingers crossed all gets sorted out and you're on the road to recovery soon.

19. RR have you done any of the following, smashed a mirror, told a gypsy to stuff her pegs up her arse, run over a black cat, walked under a ladder.

20. AAF

AAF Badgeman

...'forgot' to pay your fuggada dri cleeening bill with Peanut ?.