Does the Navy have a decent Chess scene?

Chess is my favourite hobby and I'm hoping I'll be able to continue playing chess in the Navy. Does anyone have any knowledge on whether there's any chess clubs within the Navy branches? Thanks.

Chess is my favourite hobby and I'm hoping I'll be able to continue playing chess in the Navy. Does anyone have any knowledge on whether there's any chess clubs within the Navy branches? Thanks.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-oGoAQ&usg=AFQjCNEc6Ywg45DZRLSS06zdSNWJGHdKaQ

Try looking at this; it may not help, as I cannot open it? Some shore bases have all sorts of nerdy clubs, Rugby, Football, netball, Judo etc. you may find Chess amongst them, on ships you may find likeminded you may not, as with all small clubs if there is not one and you have enough interest and enthusiasm start your own.

Whats wrong with Uckers????
Nothing, once the newbie enters the mess and find the excitement of playing Uckers, with the element of risk to life and limb he will change his favored game.

As for chess up board, one has to assume mess rule stand so yes.

I think chess is pretty low on the list when it comes to jacks favourite pastimes, sleeping is one above chess that springs to mind, but you can always check mate.

CrashCrew

Lantern Swinger
Kind of reminds me of a Pinky coming in our mess once and asking if anyone was up for Bridge? From the deepest recesses of his pit, a voice replied nah, Skippers still up there.

I am aware that this is the equivalent of stating that I hate Cornish pasties to the Cornish, but uckers is a load of old toss.

In my opinion.

Tried teaching 'Er Indoors" Uckers once ... never again!
When in collingrad Ukers was our lunchtime entertainment.

When on class socials with partners they wanted to know what Uckers was, so we taught them how to play?

What a bunch of back stabbing, six throwing, timber shifting, cheating twats they turned out to be, they were quite good players they had all the right attributes.:evil2:

I rest my case ... only you missed out Ludo playing witch! :headbang:
That was a given, they thought it was Ludo on steroids, ever played the board game sorry, same attributes required.
They first thought it was a boring game until they found they could be back stabbing bitches

Uckers in the 829 crewies play room was considered a 'blood sport' along side 'chase the pisser'!!

I have to admit to missing a few mixy blobs and blow backs.

Our ultimate Uckers Board had a lip around the underside to enable easy access to the up board mode!!