Does progress on the candidate portal matter to your application?

Basically what im asking is, will some of the teething issues, that I have read about on here, with the new system affect my application at all?

I'm currently waiting for a joining date and haven't heard anything in months, have rang AFCO a few times to be told ''it shouldn't have taken this long but we will look into it and just wait''. On the recruiting portal my application hasn't been updated past 'application review' despite having completed further steps than that and I was wandering if that could be why my application has seemingly stalled?

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
Basically what im asking is, will some of the teething issues, that I have read about on here, with the new system affect my application at all?

I'm currently waiting for a joining date and haven't heard anything in months, have rang AFCO a few times to be told ''it shouldn't have taken this long but we will look into it and just wait''. On the recruiting portal my application hasn't been updated past 'application review' despite having completed further steps than that and I was wandering if that could be why my application has seemingly stalled?
If you have been 'wandering', it is no surprise that you have not heard anything. lol