Does anyone know where I can order RN Name badges to be delivered in a hurry-Exeter?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by mamahut, Dec 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a mum with replacement 4 shirts and boiler suits to be made ready. Arm badges are no problem but it seems that we can't get new name badges and the old ones are worn out -reused to death. Urgent info required for Exeter area if possible. Replacements needed urgently.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Get the lazy bugger to do it himself..... :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Concur, not your problem.
    If replacement kit was issued, the the very same place orders the name badges.

4. Try your local seamstress...in Devonport for example there used to be someone just outside St Levans gate that made nice embroidered ones for a reasonable price, not there now. Google might be your friend....

5. Tell them to get their lazy scran bag arse to the seamstress

6. Get them from slops in Devonport - they are uniform therefore the RN provides.

7. Cadet Direct, mail order website:

Cadet Direct - CCF RN ABLE SEAMAN (AB) RANK SLIDES

Spot the mistake(s):

"Genuine CCF Royal Navy Able Seaman rank slides, as worn by Combined Cadet Force Royal Navy Ratings."

Sent them an email, cos its Friday afternoon and I'm bored!

8. I wouldn't have had the neck to ask mother then wifey to be a sew sew for me.

(I know what my wife would have said anyway).

9. Nor me! Besides, I want it done properly. Even now I do all my ironing! And sew on HER buttons!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 3 women in my house and not one of the schrimshankers can sew !

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  11. It's nice to see a Mother who cares but you aren't doing him any favours. He needs to use his initiative and be self reliant. He won't get anywhere in anything without that.

• Like Like x 2