Does anyone know whan the SA80 is to be replaced?

theone2029

Badgeman
Nails said:
Ships_Cat said:
To fire it left handed, extend your left hand in front of you and fire it one handed with a gritty look on your plug, blinking with each round, but you need an Ahnold one liner like "aaaahl be beck" to really make it stick.

U reckon the training team would be cool with me doin that on the ranges?

Your offically an idiot mate. congrates, please pick up your certificate as you leave :)

Nails said:
Lets be honest now, what's the point in havcing top quality training (for the mot part)yet give our troops **** rifles?. the SA80 is, to be quite honest, a bag of sh!t. The problems with are too numerous to list but the worst is the terrible, terrible attribute of it being a strictly right handed weapon. Thus putting left handed/eyed shooters at a disadvantage, and anyone wanting to shoot around a left hand corner in serious danger.
So does anyone know when the SA80 is to be replaced with a better weapon. Hell get some AKs in if we have to. It goes to show that the SA80 isn't popular as there are no computer games (except stalker where it's one of the poorer weapons) feature the SA80 in them. Know what i'm saying?

Having had a quick look at some of your other posts it's clear your only experiance of any form of firearm, never mind the SA80 is limited to computer games. Once you've actually gotten through training and fired it then you might be see the weapon in a different light.

But then you want to be a "merc" so why worry you can pick any weapon system you want...

stoker-steam

Badgeman
WHY WHY OH WHY Do you all keep biting at these silly posts???????? :?: :?: :?: :?:

This is after all the internet, please Do Not take this enviroment seriously :D

dogsnaffle

Badgeman
Because Nails is a serving trained RM, working at CTC who amuses himself by producing them - I for one have come to quite enjoy the latest "Wisdom of Nails"

Think of them as an ironic commentary on the youf of today.

BTW Nails - If you're the [email protected] who gave that woman with the bloody Alsation pup my sodding telephone number, and told her I would be delighted to accept her unwanted mongrel for training as a biter...Cheers Royal, now Fcuk Off! :roll:

(Next time, just tell her to stick a postit note on it addressed to the RSM)

dogsnaffle said:
I for one have come to quite enjoy the latest "Wisdom of Nails"

Me too, I think they're funny as fcuk. :p

Not quite in the same league yet as the bloke over on arrse asking if he can take his skateboard to RMAS but give him time.

Six_and_a_Half

Lantern Swinger
Nails said:
The problems with are too numerous to list but the worst is the terrible, terrible attribute of it being a strictly right handed weapon. Thus putting left handed/eyed shooters at a disadvantage

To be honest, I think getting around this obstacle is just another test of motivation to see how badly you want to join.

I'm right-handed, but left-eye dominant. When I joined it was extreme that I could not even physically 'wink' my left eye without simultaneously closing my right eye. This did pose a bit of a problem, especially when it came to going on deployment. Went into the DCCT and couldn't shoot for my life which meant that I was in danger of being booted from the course.

But having said that, next morning I was lucky enough to persuade the staff to give me some private tutoring to see if I could at least improve enough to be safe on the actual range. I was taught to 'snap shoot' with both eyes open, and gradually with practice, my eyes adjusted dominance to finally allow me to independently close my left eye.

I use this dit as an excuse to wink at any passing ladies now all the time! :wink: