Does anyone have the number for changing FAT dates?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Powder, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got the letter through roughly 2 weeks ago. I showed it to my mother about 1.5 weeks ago, she looked at it and has put it somewhere and denies ever seeing it and said I have lost it!!! grrr :evil:
    Anyway, I have only just found out the dates for my Photography exam, and they clash with the FAT dates, which means I need to call up ASAP.

Does anyone have the specific number to contact to change the dates? Do I phone RAF Cranwell, or do I phone my AFCO?

Many thanks in advance,

Powder

2. Powder

Don't worry.

Send an e-mail to your ACLO this evening and ask him to facilitate a change of dates for you. Tell him in your e-mail which dates would be difficult because of your exams, so that he can exclude those dates from his reply.

Give him a few days to get back to you; if you haven't heard back by Friday, give him a call.

3. Do try and find the letter, often once you have been sent a letter from Cranwell for FATs or from the AIB for your board etc. you are instructed to contact THEM not your ACLO to cancel. That is because the assignment of dates etc. is handled by them directly. It would not look good on your part to appear to ignore that instruction by emailing your ACLO.

If of course you can't find it then you have no choice, but try and avoid it.

4. Soleil - That was kind of what I was thinking I would have to do. :(

Lonestar - I have been chasing Mum up for these papers for like the last week and she made out she knew where she has put them. I have no idea where the hell they are as there is a lot going on with my family at the moment, resulting in the house looking like a pig stye!

Will keep looking again tonight and if no luck, email the ACLO tommorw morning.
    I am aware that getting my ACLO to contact Cranwell will look bad, which is why I made this thread to see if anyone has kept the papers from when they had their FATs which has the number to call on.

Thanks anyway

5. Powder

Give me till tomorrow lunchtime and I'll PM you the number to call.

6. Thank you so much Soleil!

7. Although to be fair and not wanting to sound shitty but was it not your responsibility to look after the said paperwork so then your mum could not lose it.

If you find it which i hope you do then please try and take more care. :lol:

8. Yes, but she wanted to look at it, so I gave it to her and went to school, came back not there. So not really.

Anyway, long story short, she found it in her bedroom. So cheers soleil, but I got all the details needed.

Cheers all.

9. :lol:

What was it doing in her bedroom hmmmmm?

10. All sorted, then.

AND Be nice to your Mum - I'm sure she didn't mean to move the letter - she just wanted to read through it herself.