Does 10 weeks recruit training mean 10 weeks?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tanter, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that you do 10 weeks basic at Raleigh, but what I want to know is, does that actually mean 10 weeks. For example, I am aware that there are summer, easter and christmas holidays. But what about bank holidays, etc? And on top of that, how far can you be backtrooped, or is there a limit on it?

Please be gentle with me... :( (not in that way)

2. I'll be gentle. Remove this ridiculous post now before the proper bullies come along. Unless you are a chick, in which case PM me. I'm a diver!

• Like Like x 7
  3. I have to agree with the frogman007 a daft post if you cant get your head around this, then you should fit in nicely, welcome aboard shippers

4. Ten weeks surprisingly doesn't mean that. It's actually 68 days, regardless of leave or bank holidays

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

5. If bank holidays are in term time, tough titty and you don't get backtrooped, that's an army term which is also used when pongo's are enjoying bum fun in the trenches..gen dit.

In the Senior Service one gets back classed dontcha know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lets hope He hasn't been backtrooped and told it s normal :dontknow:

7. what-the-fuck-is-this.jpg

Ten letters.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sorry Wrecker, you don't get back classed anymore. In the wonderful world of Initial Naval Training personnel are now Training Extended.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is that the face of someone being backtrooped

10. Damn this pinko PC navy, they'll be stopping the tot next, you mark my words!

• Like Like x 1
  11. They wouldnt dare

12. Walking away from this one. It's just too niaive to deserve a real Rum Ration reply!!!!!!!!!!

I mean it's up there with my wife's "What time does the none o clock news start?"

13. None o'clock news? I guess it doesn't start at all then :)

14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Goddamn it wrecks, beat me to it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OMM

OMM War Hero

10 weeks isn't just a random duration they made up, there's set phases in which you must complete to pass out of Raleigh that accumulate to 10 weeks.

16. Isn't none o'clock that mythical time between 2359 and 0001? :jocolor:

17. Is there a limit on that?

18. From my experience and this is going back some now probably officially yes in reality no

19. OMM

OMM War Hero

Not sounding so confident....

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not sure why I'm even answering this, but I can tell you I'm typing my reply in an exasperated manner...

Indeed there is, otherwise the elastic will snap.

A little tip in life - Start a military career with the intention of achieving success in all you do from the outset.

For those that wish to explore boundaries by aiming for the maximum permitted number of failed attempts, the training team will be only too pleased to advise the consequences of subsequent failures.

• Like Like x 1