Doddery Careers Adviser, 45, takes on PRMC.

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A good mate of mine, and fellow Careers Adviser, CPO Ian Hardcastle has decided to do his bit - he has already asked the recruiting field force to help him reach his target, but I thought I'd try to raise the profile a bit.

It's appreciated we all get swamped with charity requests, but as Ian has said below, everytime we hear of a casualty, one of us must have recruited the individual initially and it hits home.

Thanks

2. I've chipped in my few bob and it's good to see an old boy having a go!!!!

Cum on the Navy, lets show the Booties that we can have a go!!!

SM

:)

3. Nice one Ian

I plan to do a 52 mile ultra race next year for the RMBF. If I can spare a few quid ill through some your way.

4. Will donate around pay day if not before.

Good luck!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Cheers guys - already recognised some from this forum.

For those that don't know he's quite a fit bloke - last I heard he was hitting around level 13 or 14 on the bleep test & when he conducts the Royal Marines Acquaint Days (for potential Booties) in his area, he's seldom beaten on the 3 mile run, so it's a theoretically viable prospect.

For those that didn't go on to read Ians reasons on the Just Giving website:

6. A few quid on the way....

'Per Mare Per Terram'

7. Ninja_Stoker

A very generous gesture - many thanks.

"By 'orse, By tram" indeedy.

Odds are he may well need one or other to help him around the endurance course. :wink:

8. Ninja_Stoker

No apologies for "bumping" this thread, in light of the tragic news of another Royal Marine killed yesterday in Afghanistan.

All donations, however small, to this worthy cause are very much appreciated.

The Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund

The RM Charitable Trust Fund exists to maintain the efficiency and 'esprit de corps' of the Royal Marines and to provide support for those in need. In addition to benevolence work, there are many other calls upon this fund. These range from the provision of wreaths for Remembrance services, support to veterans reunions and the RM Museum to the construction and maintenance of war memorials.

http://www.justgiving.com/ian-hardcastle0

Help for Heroes

http://www.justgiving.com/ian-hardcastle

9. 'Kinnel that poor bloody dog is going to have it's work cut out dragging your arse round again.

RM

10. Ninja_Stoker

Noticed someone has made a huge donation (over 25% of the target in one hit!)

If it's anyone from this site - a huge thankyou, a fantastic gesture.

Details here: http://www.justgiving.com/ian-hardcastle0

11. Feckin Poles.

RM

12. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, thought so - blummin' Polaks. :wink:

Nice one.

13. :D 8) :wink:

14. Ninja_Stoker

In light of the tragic news once again of another Royal Marine killed yesterday in Afghanistan, categorically no apologies for "bumping" this thread.

All donations, however small, to this worthy cause are very much appreciated.

The Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund

The RM Charitable Trust Fund exists to maintain the efficiency and 'esprit de corps' of the Royal Marines and to provide support for those in need. In addition to benevolence work, there are many other calls upon this fund. These range from the provision of wreaths for Remembrance services, support to veterans reunions and the RM Museum to the construction and maintenance of war memorials.

http://www.justgiving.com/ian-hardcastle0

15. Ninja_Stoker

A "Pay Day" bump.

Thank you.

16. Done!

17. Ninja_Stoker

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

BUMP........

The long haired Sarnt'major has banned me from contributing for a while, I'm sorry. Please pass on my regards.

19. Ninja_Stoker

Sadly, in light of even more bad news, an unashamed 'bump'.