Doctors and Nurses at War: ITV tonight 2235

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by soleil, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tonight's episode (repeated from last year) features surgery which saves the life of a very badly injured Royal Marine:

"Series following volunteer doctors and nurses from the NHS and full-time army surgeons as they work to save lives in a front-line hospital in Afghanistan. Despite having practised with re-enactments in the UK, the NHS medics are not prepared for what they will see on the battle ground. Lt Col Pete Davis must keep the wounded alive until they can get to hospital and the care of Major Hugo Gutherie. Gutherie tries to help a marine who may have to have his second leg amputated. Narrated by Robert Lindsay."
  2. Thanks for bumping that; I would have forgotten.
  3. My girlfriend been watching this, as she wants to do her bit after she has finished her critical care degree.
  4. She already is looking after you, you nutter. :D
  5. Lol yea thats true, more ways than you can imagine, she wipes my mouth as i have trouble eating my food, also i cant be trusted to ride my bike without stablizers.
  6. If you look really closely you might see my chevy chase on one of the episodes when ay Smellyfolk!!
  7. If anyone hasn't seen it, it's well worth watching.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Aaah, I thought I recognised you! When can I grab yer autograph then..? :wink:

9. Nice to see your as funny as ever Pepski!!! 8O :roll: :wink:
  10. It's cringeworthy. I wanted to destroy my tv when it was on initially. It's getting a stiff ignoring this time.

These guys arn't "volunteers". They're TA. One Army, and all that.

What a pile of poo.
  11. Well they are otherwise they wouldn't have a "V" after their unit designation.
  12. I have to respectfully disagree, I thought it showed very well how the skills of those working in the NHS who are willing to work for a period of time in more challenging conditions are used to good effect. It showed a group of men and women doing a thoroughly good job and saving lives, I did not find it in the slightest bit cringeworthy.

While you may think the 'one army' idea means that our reservists are no longer worthy of gratitude and respect for their dedication there are many who do not agree. BZ to all those featured doing great work on this programme.
  13. Surely everyone who wears/has worn the uniform is a volunteer