Doctor who used to drink now fit for work

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by plymwebed, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Royal Navy doctor once banned after drinking so much he passed out and abused hospital staff has now been declared fit to work

thisisplymouth

2. As long as he has got his sh1t together and beaten his addiction then what is the problem?

It must have taken hard work, guts and dedication to get his life back in order, my best wishes go with him

3. Worry more about the convicted paedos who are still in!

4. He sounds like a good run ashore.

5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

As a student many years ago, the medical school at my university was renowned as being the place for the best parties (closely followed by the Chemical Engineers and the Rugby Club). One "doctor-to-be" also told me that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more that their doctor.

6. Whilst I am old enough not to have had to go to university, many of my mates at school did. At our local university the medics were hard players but they were normaly pipped at the post by the agrics, well they were having all the fun they could before the real hard work started, and the divinity students who were making as mucjh hay etc as the could whilst they could.

I used to drink with one of the doctors at faslane, and never thought his consumption was excessive, though he did need more practice playing liar dice.