Do You Want To Pay 100 pounds Per Month Car Tax?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by creeper, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been posted before but I thought it worth posting.
    For all those car owners....
    Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio.
    Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the pay as you go' road tax.
    The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it.
    Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it.
    This is legit... from the 10 Downing Street's website.
    Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.
    Democracy in action?
    The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
    The tracking device will cost about 200 pounds and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was 28 pounds for a rural florist and 194 pounds for a delivery driver.
    A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid 86 pounds in one month.
    On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.
    If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.
    If you have not looked at this ,spare a wee moment.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Creeper, as off yesterday I think the signatures stood at over 780,000 it's friggin wrong what they are trying to do so everyone please still sign, I'm no longer in the forces but, last year my fuel bill was over 25k, the vast majority off this is bill is tax that does not get ploughed back into our road system, do you all wanna pay for blairs new butler or what ever the latest shite he comes up with is?
  3. Ha! Ha! serves all you road-hog polluting folk right! I hate cars - unless someone is giving me a lift in one. Seriously though I am lucky (in a way) enough not to need one due to fairly good public transport. Its a very different situation out in the sticks. I wish the Govt/Council would give some real incentives for Londoners not to have cars. London with even 20% fewer cars in the residential areas would be such a lovely place - imagine if it were 50% (gosh!) You can barely walk down some streets for cars parked on the pavement.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'd love to not have to have vehicles, (I aint gotta car but 2 vans and a lorry) public transport is [email protected] and I have no alternative.
  5. Only people that walk in KIWILAND are the tourists.
  6. There's over 1 million now.
    So, Creeper, where on the web site does it say so? It'll be a great day if the public can defeat another piece of Noo Labor nonsense.
  7. Near the bottom :razz:
  8. I guess you will have all got your email from big tony by now ref: that petition. They are basicaly going to do what they want anyway, so a waste of an email really. In my opinion the best thing to do is have toll roads and bin car tax or take it right down. Or have elevated toll roads like here in Bangkok, if you want to go faster you pay the money and use the elevated tollway, if you are too tight to pay, you use the normal roads and sit in traffic.
    I hope the UK doesn't end up with the traffic problems we have here, but it probably will eventualy. I pity the people who have to commute to work every day, I know I would become enraged, I just don't have the tolerence for traffic jams.

Seadog, any chance you could not delete this post please?
  9. They've really shot themselves in the foot with these online petitions
  10. Blimey hate to see your road rage Lingyai :twisted:
  11. More spin from the master of Sleaze. Of course its a stealth tax. Hopefully though the public will remember this at the next election.
  12. Yeah, it can be a problem, some fools ran into the back of me 2 weeks after I bought my first car and I was on my way to see my parents. The insurance claim took ages because they tried to sue me because I had a little bit of a sad on and the blokes missus went into shock and tried to say it was me that put her into shock, not the accident??? Crazy fool.
    If only people would take the time to get to know me and see my sensitive side..... :sad:
    Curse that accidental overdose of gamma radiation.... :evil:
  13. yes got my reply
    blah blah blah........ same old thing we vote they ...dont care a feck... good ord i must be getting old ,,,im taking notice of politicking (an yes thats a real word,,,)
  14. I thought I'd been ignored and not been sent an E Mail from our illustrious lieder .

Then I found it skulking in my Junk File, my PC has obviously been taught well.

Says it all really

15. I sent him one back pointing out the errors in his Grand Plan!
  16. I`ll never happen … just like the pole tax and the millennium bug…
    These no. 10 petitions are just a way to get Email addresses off forthright people so they can canvas you at the next election.
    Wait and see.

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I asked my neighbour the other day what he thought about this subject; this is what he told me:

[Disclaimer: JOKE!]

18. Never thought of that "UA" , big brother everywhere , your so right though , got us all mapped out anyway , :twisted:
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, just because you're not paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you... :shock: