DO YOU WANT SOME CLACKER ???

percey99

Badgeman
As a Dabber FISHEAD type I was surprised a few years back to get a draft to CULDROSE >>> The WAFFOOS were great to me and I made some good oppos there , I was asked by some Handlers if I would like a run ASHORE TO CAMBORNE as there is always plenty of CLACKER there , What does clacker mean ? I have been told it means pastry ? so did they mean the cornish pastys were nice there >>> they said if you were lucky you sometimes didnt even have to pay for CLACKER in CAMBORNE and if you did it was cheap ???? I declined the run ashore there as I went to Falmouth mostly .

RoofRat

War Hero
Percey you're not real! :roll:
Clacker = Crumpet = Fanny = Oh never mind its probably not for you anyway. Sheesh!
BTW if you do strike lucky, just remember what an old badgeman once told me," fanny will draw you, further than dynamite will blow you". So be on your guard my naive one :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoofRat

Jane

Midshipman
Very much the same as us and our trans-Atlantic chums, i.e. "divided by the same language" as I found out when I was drafted to 814 Squadron in 1967 as squadron jack dusty, stores basher in Wafu speak.
When the mention of clacker came up I naturally came out, musically of course, with "half a pound of flour and lard makes for a lovely clacker, just enough for you and me cor bugger jagger". Blank faces around. Had to wait until the TAS sonar operators arrived to have a decent conversation! Got to say though it was the best draft I had in the Mob.

Clacker. A woman's tongue, a rattle, a pump valve. "The clacker of a mill," i.e., the noise and rattle of it. " Your tongue goes like the clacker of a...
From: The ancient language and the dialect of Cornwall...

Very much the same as us and our trans-Atlantic chums, i.e. "divided by the same language" as I found out when I was drafted to 814 Squadron in 1967 as squadron jack dusty, stores basher in Wafu speak.
When the mention of clacker came up I naturally came out, musically of course, with "half a pound of flour and lard makes for a lovely clacker, just enough for you and me cor bugger jagger". Blank faces around. Had to wait until the TAS sonar operators arrived to have a decent conversation! Got to say though it was the best draft I had in the Mob.
I think it's Oh bugger Jack'o. Jack o' the dust was the name given to man who dished out the flour.
The name Jack Dusty followed

fishhead

War Hero
I have heard "clacker" being used in the context of Jolly Jack referring to attractive members of the opposite sex.
i.e. She's a nice bit of clacker.

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
I recall the 'Oggie Song':
"Half a pond of flour and lard, makes a lovely clacker.........."
So, definitely pastry. I never heard it used in any other context - but I was a skimmer, not a WAFU.

Latest Threads