Do you remain at one shore establishment throughout?

Waspie

War Hero
That was in your day JFC.
How many of those establishments are still operating for FAA personnel?
Are we now down mainly to Culdrose & Yeovilton?
True, If your a new Woo. Best look at Devon. Half way between Culdrose and Yeovilton.

However, another option for the OP is use service housing, (if married), move around as needed by HM, save like a pieso git and buy when you leave!!!

Sumo

War Hero
True, If your a new Woo. Best look at Devon. Half way between Culdrose and Yeovilton.

However, another option for the OP is use service housing, (if married), move around as needed by HM, save like a pieso git and buy when you leave!!!
Or stay in service accom, have a ball save sod all, and when the time comes go ho shite that carvans expensive?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
What are these shore establishments you speak of, only had Mercury and Dolphin for training and a brief spell between Boats in Dolphin Comcen. Rest was all afloat.

slim

War Hero
Does Yeovilton and Culdrose have their own caravan sites for RN personnel?
If so it could be a wise move to buy a good used residential caravan and put it on the RN site.
This is what I started with over 50 years ago.
RN site rents were very cheap, and facilities good, including the club house.
Commercial sites insist that caravans are removed when they reach about 20 years of age.
There is still a good 30 years life still left in them, but hey can be bought for as little as £5K.
If both Culdrose and Yeovilton have sites the RN used to bay for your van to be moved when drafted

Sumo

War Hero
What are these shore establishments you speak of, only had Mercury and Dolphin for training and a brief spell between Boats in Dolphin Comcen. Rest was all afloat.
I only had 6 years of shore drafts in 24years that were not training drafts., rest on ship or submarine, only 2 of the 6years was in home base port where my family lived?

Waspie

War Hero
I only had 6 years of shore drafts in 24years that were not training drafts., rest on ship or submarine, only 2 of the 6years was in home base port where my family lived?
I'm almost turned to tears!!!!

Oh sorry, wife peeling onions.

Apologies!!!

Your ever caring Wafu.

Waspie.

Latest Threads