Do you really want to join up?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by witsend, Dec 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I think it's unfair that anyone wanting to join up doesn't have the full picture.

In your own time!
  2. Will this do.

3. You wanted a picture.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If we were serious about helping newbies we'd have little stickman figures we could click on to help explain a point to the dumb fuckers.

A stickman carrying an appriopriate size bag, a stickman running on a tread mill, a stickman choosing an iron, a stickman visiting an AFCO or a Doctor.

That would seemlessly join the knowledge given out to yesterdays hero with what today's hero is aspiring too.
  5. wet_blobby

This is what I'm talking about....
  6. OMM

OMM War Hero

'Front lying exercise', whoever made that must be a phys guru as they're called Dorsal raises.

Whereas most 'noobs' who are undergoing selection do not help by asking stupid questions that make the rest of us look bad, myself and others have not relied on the asking of (many) stupid questions in regards to selection.

Quite a few just want answers bit can't be bothered to do the leg-work but no doubt this will come to bite them in the rear at interview stage (or during their career if they get through) anyway, we're not all that bad!!! :rolleyes:.
  7. And the first question when the stickmen were posted would be along the lines of "I've just clicked a stickman, does that mean........". There out there, WB, you know it'll happen :)
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

But Wits, Tommo assures me it's easy money!!!??
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Indeed :)

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. wet_blobby

That stickman picture was all the Corp sent me, on the reverse is a nice picture of the Globe and buster and a joining date. (Even if the stickman didn't know a dorsal raise from a short back and sides)
  11. Hang on.... your saying i haven't singed up for a holiday camp????

Them pigeon hating bastards at the afco have been lying to me again.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, it's better than "marching up and down the square..." :shock:

13. Haven't seen that for years. Forgot just how funny.

Perhaps just a little too close to the truth for nowadays.
  14. All is revealed - How Royal stickman managed to land his Blobby jobby