Do you need experiance to be a mine clearance diver?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gillyscfc1, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It says that preferance will be given to those who do so does that mean i can still join without experiance? Sorry for being a pain.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Experience is not essential but a full working knowledge of male beauty products is a must. Can you breathe through your ears and lick your own eyebrows? :?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. haha ok, so are you being serious about the experience part??
  4. I would have thought the ability to stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye would have been much more useful!

Its a bit worrying that someone would already have experience in mine clearance!

Wah Alert!
  5. it says those with commersial experience will be given preference. if i join at 18 who would i get the experience if im still at college? thats if its need..
  6. Hazma? They always on the look out for new members.
  7. Must ................. resist ..............temptation ................ to .................... take ...................the ............... piss .............. out .............of ...............wannabe ................bubblehead!!!

Learn to look at yourself in the mirror a lot and you will be fine.

Knew I couldn't do it.
  8. You could start by retro fitting a mirror on your alarm clock.

9. The only experience you need is to point and laugh at the sad cleaners in your college, religously cleaning the same spot over and over again, no future, no hope, desperation in their eyes, liked a caged zoo animal resigned to its fate. :frown::frown::frown:

This may sound odd but it give you the ability to take the piss out of the MUPPETS all day long, whilst you're tossing it off in the dive store talking about how great we are and comparing maaaaaasive pay chits.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. You knew it was coming!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I was waiting for you to pop up Frogman! But like I said the temptation was to strong even though you do put over strong points while all the normal stuff has been covered in the Divers thread.

Friendly banter of course though.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You'd get plenty if your college is in Luton, however i'd advise a course in English Literature.
  13. Commercial and experience are not hard words to spell correctly. You may consider this nit-picking but your poor spelling has sunk your credibility in my eyes.

I'm assuming your over 16. It's really quite depressing.
  14. Yes, you can. You should call in to see a Royal Navy Careers Advisor in your area to talk this through.
  15. It's all about resisting the urge to panic in difficult situations my joyous little tadpole.

Scenario 1 - Suitably impressed by the dashing exploits of Divers you chat to on here, you decide to deck yourself out with tight fitting fashionable clothing, and enjoy the adoring glances from the worldwide female community.

On returning home you remove the Abercrombie and Fitch top and look longingly in the mirror at your body. But what's this?! The fúcking pretty bitch in the shop has sold you a second. They've only stitched the lettering on backwards haven't they? Treated you like a muppet they have, and you are minded to return to the shop and kick the sleeves up her manicured minge and pull them out of her delicate neck.

Now this is where your potential as a Navy diver comes in mate. Take a breath, focus on the issue and remember the sage words from Frogman007: 'Words look backwards in the mirror, but in real life look fine'. And relax.

Here endeth the lesson.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ...I hope that was on purpose
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Don't worry lad i am sure they let virgins in the navy.

I'll get my coat.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  18. Ha well spotted!!! Touche
  19. tam

Should you be successful in your career choice I hope you are aware that you will be required to wear your pants on top of your trousers.