Do you hear there?

On patrol, deep and middle of the night.

'Do you here there, the fire is out, the fire is out.'

The Skipper and a lot of other people were a bit miffed, to say the least! Turned out it was 'only' a small lagging fire.............. hardly worth mentioning - obviously!

Just re-reading this and another sprang to mind that occurred on a T boat I was on.

Said boat was on a workup with CSST (now FOST) were all around, I was on watch aft when the nasty men came through the tunnel and disappeared down the donk shop, 2 minutes later, pipe from the donk shop

"Stop the shaft, stop the shaft, man trapped on the shaft"

EOOD " which side"

Donk shop " port..stbd..port..stbd..port"

CSST ended the exercise as everyone was pissing themselves laughing.

We had a part 3 S/LT (who finished up as a three ringer, perisher qualified, top skipper of a T boat) who was OOW dived on HMS Opportune, whilst CSST were onboard, already for a fire exercise during work up, skipper says to the OOW,fire the after SSE,S/LT says FIRE,FIRE,FIRE, fire the after SSE.......

Liberty guys, muster abaft the after smoke stack, negative chewing gum
Bad guys to the Sheriff's Ofice.
Sweepers grab your brooms, sweep forrard to aft. :cool:
Now if you are going to quote a Yank pipe at least attempt to get it right.
Liberty Guys to Glamourise
Sweepers man your brooms sweep fwd sweep aft
Bad guys to the Sheriffs office.

And I bet that I have some mistakes in there as well

slim F.F.S. Liberty to glamorise, press your collars,collect your dollars, and muster abaft the after smoke stack,sweepers man your brooms ,sweep from fwd to aft,bad guys muster at the Sheriffs office.

Best retort when rating found in bed at 10 in the forenoon on monday morning " Musta missed the muster Master" Jock Tulley.

slim F.F.S. Liberty to glamorise, press your collars,collect your dollars, and muster abaft the after smoke stack,sweepers man your brooms ,sweep from fwd to aft,bad guys muster at the Sheriffs office.

Best retort when rating found in bed at 10 in the forenoon on monday morning " Musta missed the muster Master" Jock Tulley.
Every days an education

Now if you are going to quote a Yank pipe at least attempt to get it right.
Liberty Guys to Glamourise
Sweepers man your brooms sweep fwd sweep aft
Bad guys to the Sheriffs office.

And I bet that I have some mistakes in there as well
Ha ha. Different ships, different tallies. Heard mine, quoted verbatim on USS Damato in Hong Kong 1964. Probably as many variations on this as there were ships in th US Navy. Jack was an amateur as anything other than what was in the Seamans' Manual was worth a few days 9s. :confused:

Cash officer on HMS Opportune before every jolly, "Do you here there, there will be an interdenominational cheque cashing in the ships office in five minutes time, all are welcome!"

MEO trying to select main broadcast during black lighting in the control room on HMS Opportune, every time,"disregard night alarm, night alarm made in error..."

Remember being foreign and a certain LWEA who had been ashore the night before and really shouldn't have been on duty was tricked in to making the pipe PO leeceman, regulating office.

B

Billy Q

Give me the best pipes you've heard, I bet a few of you have some golden ones to share ;)
Heard from HMCS Magnificent at Plymouth (A few moons ago)
S/Lt Cockerel is requested to lay aft.
Cockerel was a young Brit Pilot serving with the Cannucks.