Do you do anything to mark today?

1664 - The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot later to be known as the Royal Marines is established.

Just wondering if there is any official celebration or traditions that are followed. My dad just tends to get pissed and reminisce

dondon

MIA
wompingwillow said:
1664 - The Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot later to be known as the Royal Marines is established.

Just wondering if there is any official celebration or traditions that are followed. My dad just tends to get pissed and reminisce
Most of my mates are middle aged Royal's , & they tend to get pissed & reminisce , but then again so do I , & sort the world out of course , will be meeting them in the club tonight when I finish work , :D :D

dondon said:
wompingwillow said:

Most of my mates are middle aged Royal's , & they tend to get pissed & reminisce , but then again so do I , & sort the world out of course , will be meeting them in the club tonight when I finish work , :D :D
All my mates are old Royals, in fact I am the youngest and I am old! We have a lunch and toast the Corps with rum! :p

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
On the 28th October at approximately 1/4 to 3, the Grand Old Duke of York Formed the Duke of York and Albany's First Regiment of Foot.

I would bet you all know the song: The Grand Old Duke of York, He had 10,000 men, he marched them up to the top of the hill and he marched them down again.

That was the start.

Now Royal Just celebrates the start of something GREAT. The CORPS.

Greendeath

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Passed running test first week of September - not heard anything back yet Joining the Royal Navy 5
Ninja_Stoker Applying to join, but: "Haven't heard anything...." ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
TechFin Heading to the Careers Office, Anything I should ask? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp ...I have never seen anything like it in my career.” Diamond Lil's 2
L Anything else Joining the Royal Navy 15
P Pussers rum cup HMS Belfast can anyone tell me anything about this? History 4
L Anglo-info deletions of anything to with UK forces / ex forces The Quarterdeck 1
cooksmate Argentina will do anything for a couple of islands The Gash Barge 17
trelawney126 Anything you can do Salmon can do Better The Gash Barge 5
C Anything I can do??! The Quarterdeck 13
Hunloin Not heard anything for ages, have I been forgotten about? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
janner Who says there is anything wrong with the French? (everyone!!!) Miscellaneous 1
NotmeChief Anything Cheaper? Diamond Lil's 1
Z Adding the Benny Hill theme tune makes anything funny Diamond Lil's 2
2_deck_dash Pretty girls can talk you into anything. Diamond Lil's 61
T "It didn't cross my mind that I had done anything wrong" The Gash Barge 67
H AIB Prep - anything iv forgotten Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Danny86 Need AET help! Junglie? Harrier? Lynx? Merlin? Anything!?!? The Fleet Air Arm 14
golden_rivet films from Germany on war (or anything else come to think) Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 24
Benny687 what goes on in their...if anything.... Diamond Lil's 35
J Anything I can do? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 57
W I want one ( not that I'm a geek or anything) The Gash Barge 28
M Has anyone done anything like this? The Fleet 28
Shakey Anyone know anything about this company? Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Exchange of letters between Sir Mark Sedwill and the Prime Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Malaysia: first of its kind home-based activities to mark World Oceans Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Mark Cecil and The Rt Hon Chris Grayling as Trustees of the National Portrait Gallery. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of Secretary of State for Defence Ben Wallace’s phone call with US Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Warsaw staff wear pride-themed masks to mark IDAHOBIT MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nation falls silent to mark VE 75 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Her Majesty The Queen to send a message to the nation to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An open letter to vets to mark World Vet Day. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thanet District Council receive certification mark for CCTV, ANPR and body worn video MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM unveils plans to mark 75 years since VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pub hours extended to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Brexit coin, light display and ‘Ready to Trade’ campaign among plans to mark 31 January, reveals PM MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mark Carney to drive finance action for UK climate talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Duchess of Cornwall will mark the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letter to Mark Zuckerberg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Minister for Armed Forces Rt. Hon Mark Lancaster visits Ghana MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces mark 50 years since the start of operations in Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First UK multimedia motion mark revealed by IPO on British IP Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Message from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to mark Independence Day of Maldives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cabinet Secretary Sir Mark Sedwill letter to Sir Kim Darroch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and Colombia mark new climate partnership with £8.5 million investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Lord Ahmad visits Bosnia and Herzegovina to mark the UN’s Day for Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 2020 May bank holiday will be moved to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces mark Anzac Day at Cenotaph service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Mark Field statement on settlement plans across the West Bank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: On Southeast Asia and UK's deepening Fintech partnership: Op-ed by Mark Field MP MoD News 0