Do you consider yourself European?

RomanyRanner

Lantern Swinger
**** no, work with a shitload of them. I always sure to explain why I do not have halitosis. It's because I'm English as opposed to. A garlic eating surrender monkey.

Oh Dear RR. So Celt,Roman, Saxon or Norman? Much as Monty says we might as well say 'sock' England Scotland,Wales and Ireland knocked shit out of each other for years, Thankfully now mostly confined to the sports field. But we did save Europe when it really counted,and the chips were down so to speak. And much as I hate to say it,especially because of their fisheries policy's. (Don't get me started) But shamed as it makes me to say it.Yes. Geographyly and Politically,we are Europeans. Or was that socks? Bon chance Mon Ami..:)

Oh Dear RR. So Celt,Roman, Saxon or Norman? Much as Monty says we might as well say 'sock' England Scotland,Wales and Ireland knocked shit out of each other for years, Thankfully now mostly confined to the sports field. But we did save Europe when it really counted,and the chips were down so to speak. And much as I hate to say it,especially because of their fisheries policy's. (Don't get me started) But shamed as it makes me to say it.Yes. Geographyly and Politically,we are Europeans. Or was that socks? Bon chance Mon Ami..:)
As we bailed out Europe in its hour of need, should they not consider themselves to be part of the commonwealth or the British Empire?:thumbright:
I suppose the true Brits could be the Droids, once they had fled to the hills the invaders left them a loan and called them Welsh, the rest are a mixed up race from the invaders of old, not saying the Welsh are not mixed up, they still think they can play Rugby.:viking:

Last edited:
Fish(eries) and chips in the same post. Does Wilf/Wilt (can't remember) know about this?

Well done :thumbright:

As we bailed out Europe in its hour of need, should they not consider themselves to be part of the commonwealth or the British Empire?:thumbright:
I suppose the true Brits could be the Droids, once they had fled to the hills the invaders left them a loan and called them Welsh, the rest are a mixed up race from the invaders of old, not saying the Welsh are not mixed up, they still think they can play Rugby.:viking:
Now is not the time for in infighting Sumo.We must now concentrate on the common European enemy.Russia. (before they cut the gas off) As I said before,I propose we wait, and attack mid winter.They will never expect that...:rofl:

But that's what counts, so you are. You're European because you're from Europe. It's akin to saying "I have absolutely nothing in common with anyone who owns socks other than I also own socks. Therefore other than being a sock owner, I am not a sock owner because I don't want to be called a sock owner."
Will sock puppet do ?.......:slow:

I am ENGLISH born and bred and I take umbrage at not being given the choice of country, when I renewed my passport, I got the bloody European version back. Presenting it at border control, the young sprog on the desk made a comment about it being in an old dark Blue British passport cover. I told him it was my way of saying, "I am NOT European"!

I am ENGLISH born and bred and I take umbrage at not being given the choice of country, when I renewed my passport, I got the bloody European version back. Presenting it at border control, the young sprog on the desk made a comment about it being in an old dark Blue British passport cover. I told him it was my way of saying, "I am NOT European"!
Aye richt on onions, then upon returning to Blighty you have to queue up with Johnny European foreigner in order to get back into your own country!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Finks, I was "offered out" by a border official at Gatwick airport many years ago. The airport staff "forgot" that there were disabled passengers still on the aircraft. When we finally arrived at passport control, about 2.30am, there was no-one there, so I pushed my wife's wheelchair through. Halfway to baggage reclaim a voice started bawling at me to stop where I was. I just kept going. When he finally caught up with me, he started to get really stroppy. When I pointed out to him I was in no mood for an argument and surely he knew, from the passenger list, that there were people not accounted for, so why did he shut up shop. He threatened to punch my lights out, then I really saw Red and tore him off a strip as only an ex Chief GI can. I got a big round of applause from the cleaners and other airport staff who had been drawn to the altercation. I think we gave up holidays by air shortly after that.

Finks, I was "offered out" by a border official at Gatwick airport many years ago. The airport staff "forgot" that there were disabled passengers still on the aircraft. When we finally arrived at passport control, about 2.30am, there was no-one there, so I pushed my wife's wheelchair through. Halfway to baggage reclaim a voice started bawling at me to stop where I was. I just kept going. When he finally caught up with me, he started to get really stroppy. When I pointed out to him I was in no mood for an argument and surely he knew, from the passenger list, that there were people not accounted for, so why did he shut up shop. He threatened to punch my lights out, then I really saw Red and tore him off a strip as only an ex Chief GI can. I got a big round of applause from the cleaners and other airport staff who had been drawn to the altercation. I think we gave up holidays by air shortly after that.
Nice 1 onions, occasionally these petty officials develop a feeling of omnipotence and need to be taken down a peg, shame that this helmet has put you both off flying.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: