Do we really need a Royal Navy ????

Standard_Bearer

Lantern Swinger
We will always need a navy. We are an island. We can never grow enough food for ourselves especially now that we are getting more immigrants everyday :!:
We can't rely on the Belgian navy, :twisted: They aren't big enough :grin:

Deeps

War Hero
Ok some good points so far, so if we did scrap the Navy what should we spend the money on? . I would have a wip round with the lads so we could buy our own T 23 Frigate and convert it into a night club.

mikh

MIA
Jimmy_Green said:
Just scrap the RAF. Build loads of aircraft carriers, portable airfields that can be pretty much taken where you want them. The RAF pilots can join the FAA (they can still fly into Welsh hillsides if they want to). The rest of the crabs can be farmed out between the Navy and Army. The pongos can do the logistics side that the crabs do now. The government can then flog off the old air force bases to build new prisons and houses for asylum seakers. Easy peasy.

That might not be such a bad idea, all the cash that could be made from selling the crabs bases would more than pay for a few super carriers (nuc's), something that would put the septics to shame. Crabs might get a bit upset though, ah well can't make an omlet an all that

higthepig said:
Again no mention of the money saved going to a good cause, us old farts.
Thats cos you old farts are NOT a good cause hig.
(Just over 3 years and I will be very much changing my tune :D )

Grubber

Lantern Swinger
i knew the navy was hard-up, but getting paid in chocolate? :shock:

Was that because when you left the Navy we were still on rationing and it was considered "a treat"?

F169

War Hero
Deeps said:
Ok some good points so far, so if we did scrap the Navy what should we spend the money on? . I would have a wip round with the lads so we could buy our own T 23 Frigate and convert it into a night club.
Anyone remember the Clubship Landfall in Liverpool - a converted LCM?

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Scrap all Armed Forces and use saved monies to sponsor Peace Ambassadors/Ambassadresses to travel to the worlds hotspots and hug locals till they see the path to a peaceful existance.(Greenpeace treehugging lezzers will be given priority).....How long before they're screaming for someone to save them, but oh dear there is nobody but a Community Constable on Tuesday afternoons. :mrgreen:

Deeps

War Hero
Look you lot seem to be taking this topic as a joke, please may I show you a few points.The RN has gone to the dogs for the following reasons
a)Wimmen at sea- purely for manpower reasons.
b)Shirtlifters-Need I say anymore.
c)The Uniform -well ''jolly jack'' look's like a bus conductor now,fancy have epaulettes that have ''ROYAL NAVY'' written on them ,well your in the North Alantic walking along 2 deck and you look at your shoulder to see in gold''ROYAL NAVY'' well no shit I didnt realise that.
d)''Nelson Bop''Finished years ago -Why? It was class, after your train ride back to pompey from weekenders what better way to enjoy your sunday night than to get smashed trying to pull Portsmouths finest ladies.
c)Field Gun-No more prima donnas ponceing around with there gay 70's track suits on going on about when they were ''A'' crew last year and bungy lost his fingers.
d)All the Leanders have long gone,ok they always broke down but great to be on when its ''roughers''
e)No Deisel electric submarines-Now its all the Nuclear ones and there are only a few on them.Deisal submariners were legends,horrible, arrogant, pissed,smelly but good at fighting .
f) RN issue suit cases-The ones you tried to draw funny pictures on and you listed all your drafts on .

These are just a few reasons why the RN has changed for the worst.Ok not all of them but this is Diamond lil's.What do you lot miss that is long gone from the RN?

Standard_Bearer

Lantern Swinger
Deeps asked:
These are just a few reasons why the RN has changed for the worst.Ok not all of them but this is Diamond lil's.What do you lot miss that is long gone from the RN?[/quote]

The TOT. Runs ashore in Singers and Honkers!!!! :grin:

F169 said:
Deeps said:
Anyone remember the Clubship Landfall in Liverpool - a converted LCM?
Very Well indeed- good disco, even got me dancing a few times ! :shock:

As for scrapping the Navy - must be why the pollies (who work so hard) are demanding a 60% increase in their salaries, to offset the savings made when scrapping the poor old jack.... :neutral: :wink:

trehorn

War Hero
wompingwillow said:
I totally see your point, What real use is a navy any more, we have planes to get people to were they want to go and big planes to get equitment around.

Planes can be used to patrol the sea and coast line, and only need two people to man them not 100 plus.

I say scrap the Navy and give the budget to the RAF
Excuse me Mr Hussain, we're planning on invading your country to dispose of your evil regime, would you Mind awfully reserving us a small section of tarmac in a few of your airports to enable us to lad say three or four hundred thousand troops, not forgetting their stores and vehicles etc.

And if its not to much to ask could we borrow one of your palaces to enable us to cooardinate such an operation,

Much obliged,

GWB
CC. TB

STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF!

Latest Threads