Do we get a P60 and if so when?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by foxy3, May 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of us lucky enough to have the joy of completing an annual tax return - do we get a P60 detailing the amount of income we received and tax we've paid for our RNR work? And if so when?

I also note an old post about bounty on the P60 - did that ever get resolved? There was no resolution in the topic.

2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Yes P60s are issued (or were up to 4 years ago when I received my last one) and on the 20+ that I received bounty did not appear nor was it required to be reported on your annual return for the "blood from stones brigade".

3. Just got mine

4. They were had arrived at my unit last week. My payslips and P60s get posted to my home thanks to Nelson UPO setting that up.
    Bounty and home to duty travel payments don't appear on P60s - it's purely pay and tax.

5. Still waiting for mine, but assume that it'll turn up in the next few weeks..

6. I've never got one. I can't be 100% (bad memory) but I think I called up a year or two ago and got some twaddle about not getting one because only your primary (full-time) employer sends one out... think that's a load of crap tho. But I asked and didn't get so... (this was the JPAC I called). Who do I ask other than them?

7. Everyone who has been paid by the RNR, or has been deducted tax whilst serving, will get a P60. They do take a while to get out, but you are legally entitled to one. However, you will only ever get one and they will not issue replacements. It should be sent to the same address as your paystatement.

8. If you phone up JPAC (0800 085 3600 or 0141 224 3600 if that suits your mobile tariff better) they will send you an A4 piece of paper as a duplicate. My original one for mobilisation last year probably ended up in Bastion burn pit since it got sent out there after I left. HMRC never wanted to see it when I made a refund claim (probably because the figures matched what they already had).