Do journalists think?

I do enjoy the quotes from the MoD spokesperson...
"A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said: 'At a time when the country's threat level reaches critical, it is standard routine procedure across defence to close non-essential areas."

Slightly ambiguous about it being closed, my guess it was closed to non RN personnel.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
Ok, it's not a real newspaper and they're probably not real journalists but crikey...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/de...ror-threat-level-raised-to-critical-1-8153810

Staggers the imagination!
D'you know, I'd click that but for three things:

1. It's the Pompey Liar. They ******* hate Jack

2. It's the Pompey Liar website. It takes three minutes to load 'The News' over all the rest of the dogshit clickbait.

3. It's the Pompey Liar journalists. They know absolutely nothing, about nothing. They are dead good at giving Hairdresser/Nail Artist of the Year awards out, every ******* week.

levers

I have a very tart email printed out at home which bluntly tells the Portsmouth Evening News that the MoD will sue them if they continue to report untruths about the Naval Base.

hackle

Lantern Swinger

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Point taken, but like it or not the Pompey News is a real newspaper. And it carries a fair amount of positive news (no doubt inaccurate!) about the Royal Navy:

https://baff.org.uk/defence-news-and-media/defence-news-from-the-news-portsmouth-pompey-news
It has it's own moments of Navy bashing, in amidst spectacularly poorly researched (and written articles) and some crazy articles stirred up by locals politicians keen to see Portsmouth win over Devonport.

News? it's lead article today, amidst hurricanes, earthquakes and the NK saga is the introduction of parking zones.......

It has it's own moments of Navy bashing, in amidst spectacularly poorly researched (and written articles) and some crazy articles stirred up by locals politicians keen to see Portsmouth win over Devonport.

News? it's lead article today, amidst hurricanes, earthquakes and the NK saga is the introduction of parking zones.......
Playing Devil's Advocate I would suggest that if they can't get local news accurate they should stay well clear of worldwide events:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WreckerL Diamond Lil's 4