Do i stand a chance- Epilepsy

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by dilbob, Apr 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. well im looking at a nursing career but about 8 years ago i was diagnosed with epilepsy for about 6 months i was on meds that got it under control then they stopped i stopped the meds after a futher couple off months and all has been well since.

now im planning on joining a university in 2013 and birmingham city is my first choice if i get accepted.

now from my understanding i need to be seizure and medication free for 10years which i would be at the end off my degree would i be able to enter, even with the restricted duties (driving) i dont mind has long has i can be doing the job im so passinate about.

would i be eligable to start my training before my 10years is up on the understanding id be on limited duties and studying most off the time and in clinical placements.

thanks in advance and i know its my first post and all that but wanted a definative answer to my scenario.

thanks si

ps im very fit in all aspects off life so no other medical issues apart fromt he odd broken bones

2. I'm confused. Are you off medication? If so there should be no driving restriction. If there is, then there's more to this story than you're letting on.

No.

3. hi,

im totally off the medication and theres no DVLA driving restrictions in place just didnt know if there would be any on joining the forces, so would be best to complete my studies then apply once ive finished?

im sure i read when i searched here or on google in my many searches that there can be restrictions on the duties you do?? maybe im confusing this with something else.

thanks for the info so far

4. I'm not convinced a history of epilepsy is compatible with entry at all to be honest, but I don't have the rules to hand at the mo.

Regarding restrictions, that applies once you're in. You're not. You can't join with restrictions.