Do I have to wait a year for doing the wrong test?

I recently attempted my flight aptitude test for the role of aircrewman, however after completing it I was told that that I was given the one for pilot, observation and I think ATC, I'm sure my careers officer will help me with organising it at a later date but just to put my mind at ease do I still have to wait a year before I can reattempt it?

I recently attempted my flight aptitude test for the role of aircrewman, however after completing it I was told that that I was given the one for pilot, observation and I think ATC, I'm sure my careers officer will help me with organising it at a later date but just to put my mind at ease do I still have to wait a year before I can reattempt it?
What I believe happens is that if you missed out specific tests that come up for Aircrewman and not Pilot, you'd probably go back and just sit the ones you didn't do the first time. If that makes sense

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Wrong Test? The test is the same for all aircrew roles, albeit loaded differently depending on role selection we only look at certain aspects. If you did the full test, you still failed to pass the necessary bits for your role.

To be brutally honest, if you fail it for any role, the odds of succeeding a retest are pretty slim. I've seen several people with a PPL fail. Truth is, in 14 years of recruiting, I've never personally seen a 'retake' succeed in Aircrew training although I'm 100% sure someone will give you an anecdotal tale to the contrary.

There is no automatic right to retake Flying Aptitude, but I'd admit that those who won't take 'no' for an answer obviously stand a better chance than those who accept the test is there for a reason. Twelve months is the retake criteria, but whilst I wish you well - don't stop looking at alternative career aspirations in the interim. In my experience only 50% of those passing FATs pass the Initial Aviation Medical Examination (most often reason for failure? a previous history of asthma or inhalers). About 10% pass FATs.

Good luck.

Wrong Test? The test is the same for all aircrew roles, albeit loaded differently depending on role selection we only look at certain aspects. If you did the full test, you still failed to pass the necessary bits for your role.

To be brutally honest, if you fail it for any role, the odds of succeeding a retest are pretty slim. I've seen several people with a PPL fail. Truth is, in 14 years of recruiting, I've never personally seen a 'retake' succeed in Aircrew training although I'm 100% sure someone will give you an anecdotal tale to the contrary.

There is no automatic right to retake Flying Aptitude, but I'd admit that those who won't take 'no' for an answer obviously stand a better chance than those who accept the test is there for a reason. Twelve months is the retake criteria, but whilst I wish you well - don't stop looking at alternative career aspirations in the interim. In my experience only 50% of those passing FATs pass the Initial Aviation Medical Examination (most often reason for failure? a previous history of asthma or inhalers). About 10% pass FATs.

Good luck.
I passed second time round. bugger. :(