Divorce dilema

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Creative monsta, Feb 19, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi, new to the forum so be kind

    I'm looking for some advice regarding not getting divorced.

    I signed up while seperated but the PO dealing with me later informed me I'd need to provide a decree absolute before my bid for allocation could take place.

    I'm worried that this will stop me joining as my ex is ignoring all correspondence...If I decided to not get divorced at all the potential of a court summons/hearing would no longer exist, would I be able to progress to actually getting a start date or am I stuck with having to try and get divorced now?

    I'm 30 and been seperated 2 years.

  2. I understood it that if you were separated for more than 2 years and could prove so you didn't not nees your partners to sign anything?
  3. rebbonk

    rebbonk Badgeman Book Reviewer

    Get divorced and close that chapter of your life. If you don't, things may well come back to haunt you.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The issue was that I could potentially be called to court..We have no mortgage, children or financial ties so I don't see the issue but I guess I'm gonna have to look back into it because this can't stop be pursuing a career.

    On a side note how do I prove weve been see rated 2 years?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    My advice is simply follow the qualified advice your careers adviser has already given.

    The idea is to ensure you join without unresolved issues which could affect your future career and retirement rather than evade issues that need resolution by burying your head in sand.

    Your ex can otherwise lay claim to your pension & earned benefits as they later accrue.

    Best o'luck.
  6. Thanks for help and advice, I by no means intend to bury my head in the sand i want this resolved ASAP however if she won't acknowledge me Ill have no choice but to wait 5 years or another 3 until I can divorce her without her consent.

    Also I don't have any assets she can lay claim to currently.

    My problem is continuing my application while in this predicament?
  7. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    Best bet? Make an appointment to call in & have a one to one chat with your careers adviser about this particular issue in isolation.

    There may well be other issues, for all I know, and there are always several angles but I suspect there is more to it than declared.

Share This Page