Diving on Scylla

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Stirling, Feb 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now 1930 on beeb 1 due to some footy match going into xtra time. Should be on i player tomorrow if you miss it.
  2. The Dabbers appear to be a little behind on their Ships Husbandry. :slow:

Picturesquewy though
  3. Done that in 04.. 3M mess looked different!
  4. Scylla, just where a 'target' should be.
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Will certainly check this out - am keen to dive on her, as I was on board in '89. Thanks, Stirling!
  6. You'll enjoy it mate. I was on two leanders seacat and seawolf, so great swimming along two deck. Not deep either so should get a good 40 minute dive on her.

I do a great range in diving gear if you're intrested, oh shit wrong bloke to tell;-P;-P
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Scylla, 3GA. Best mess in town. tucked out the way, just like the ship is now I suppose!!!!
  8. 3GA? You sure mate? 3EA WE's 3EZ S&S then the next JR's mess was 3K stokers followed by 3M dabbers and 3L RO's. Had two leanders and cannot recall 3G, that would be below the stokers flat??? I am happy to be corrected.
  9. I could be me thats wrong. I was sure it was 3GA, time and age are against me! It was the 6 man stokers mess. They decided to put this little Wafu in there to improve my drinking skills!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. When I was on her, 3F was the Greenies Mess
  11. 3Ez 3F??? Time messes with the memory!
  12. Do you mean Scylla or Ellie Harrison???? I wouldn't mind diving on Ellie myself!

Mind did watch the program last night and it was good!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 3G mess..used to be the QM's mess opposite the wheelhouse on The Leander...and we had 3EA and 3EZ..but it was an Ikara Leander..I think Scylla was an Excocet fit, so maybes the messes got shifted
  14. Wasn't Scylla a 'Seawolf' conversion.

Twas a Gun Leander in my day of course.
  15. Think I may have it now. 3G was the old QM's position but pretty sure it became another compartment whent the QM's console went to the bridge. And yes Scylla was a SW leander. 6th frigate sqdn if I recall
  16. Paid off with her at the end of '80 when she was to get converted. I think it was a good thing for her to be sunk as a diving reef rather than broken up on some Indian/Turkish beach.