Diving in the RN??

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by GSSR_Vvd, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

well i want to start diving once i have joined up. I'm going to be going to aldershot to to my phase two and was wandering if anyone knew if i'd be able to start learning to dive whilst at aldershot doing my MA's training? :thumright:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You can take up knitting, if it turns you on... 8O

3. Not sure whether you're a chap or a chapess, but I remeber that Tampax used to advertise that wearing them enabled you to undertake all sorts of outdoor activities - might be worth giving it a try.

4. Regardless of whether you 'need' them at that time??

Wouldn't that be considered cheating?

6. Hmm, good question - is it still wrong if you believe it to be right?
    Is it okay to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving child, etc. etc.

Or is it only cheating if you get caught?

7. ha ha, well firstly i'm a chap but that wont stop me from cheating. My teacher used to say the only person you'd be cheating is yourself. My reply was well at least i'd be good at something :afro:

So does anyonee know if they have a dive club at aldershot?

9. List of Army Sub Aqua Diving Assn clubs here. It doesn't look like there's one at Aldershot.

10. You can always go to the Joint services diving centre at Bovisand in Plymouth. You could use you're 5 days AT leave to do the Ocean diver course, if you get AT leave during training. It's free and gets you on the first wrung of the BSAC ladder. Alternatively you can use you're own leave to do the course.

11. I know the army at SEME Bordon have a group that do a lot of diving. Bordon is nto far from aldershot at all. So if all else fails get in touch with the PT staff there.