Divers section?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Skully, May 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How about a forum for the divers??? Are they classed as fleet???

2. As they are general service, then I would imagine that they are not FAA or Submariners. Yep, Fleet, but I don't think they are doing a separate forum for each branch at the moment. Mainly because it takes too long to teach a gunner to type.....2......3......4.....

3. Though there is an argument for re-naming the Fleet Forum as the General Service Forum.

4. To be honest, we're open to suggestions on additional boards or renaming the existing ones. It would be nice if there was a general consensus though.

5. Enlighten me ,i know that the RN had divers,deep types but they used to have ships divers from any branch,do they still exist or is it all one divers branch now?

6. Yes, they still have ship's divers, well they did in 2004! But that is open to the serving females, unlike the actual diver branch.

7. Ships Divers have all gone now. CD only. So no females going down to scrape my hull, as it were.

8. I wonder how much the doing away with ships divers apparently saved, and how much it has actually cost.

Peter