Divers Lung Test

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Barrack_Room_Lawyer, Dec 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All, interloper from Arrse here (boo hiss etc etc)
    I dont know if anyone can help out, a good few years ago I came across a "divers lung test" a bit like this:
    (excuse the picture best i could find on google, no its not me either)
    [​IMG]

Im sure most of you matelot types have come across one before, for those who havent:

Lung Test

I know that the construction of these magical machines is probably shrouded in the mysts of time but I dont suppose anyone has any idea how to knock one up?

Cheers

BRL.

2. Not a vitalagraph or a spirometer but should be introduced forthwith, a useful piece of kit, realy works the lungs. :thumright:

3. shippers

i have a contact so if you want one i can arrange - an ex cpoaem makes em where i work. they look great and even come with a victorian penny brazed to the front for authenticity.

give me a pm if interested. will send you a phot of mine if you would like

4. They are very common in the offshore diving industry.The youtube Klip was properly taken on the bridge of a DSV.They require quite a lot of brazing and there is a false chamber for the talcom powder or french chalk.The divers make them up when waiting to go into saturation or when they come out of sat and are bored waiting to get off the ship and go home.Good luck I'm sure someone on this site will give you a diagram sorry I can't help.

5. Hi there, my friend had one of these at the pub last night, it was brilliant! I'd love to have one but can't find them anywhere. Does anyone here have one?

Thank you
    Nick

6. Being an ex tiffy type with all the correct braising equipment and skills, I could knock these up at work during quiet periods. Have never seen one myself. But if someone had decent photos or plans I could figure it out.
    More than happy to knock some up at cost of materials.

7. Thanks for your reply! Would you need very detailed plans? I could draw some up on the computer.
    How much do you think it would cost roughly? I'd happily give you some cash as well for your time.

8. [​IMG]

Google is your friend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FFS I thought this was about how amazing divers were!

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Divers. What's not to like?

[​IMG]

11. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mind you, i'd like to test this ones lungs;

[​IMG]

12. Lol. Now I get the idea.
    I will design it using a 3d modeling program called 'solidworks' and go from there.
    Should not be too expensive maybe a few quid for parts.
    Are you in a hurry for this? Should take a few weeks to get the initial one constructed and we can go from there.

13. That's a cracking piccy of Froggers, but I didn't have him down as a Ginger......

• Like Like x 1
  14. Funny, you go for months and months, then 2 (separate!) threads for the same unique device in the same day.......

Must be coming up to the party season or something!!

15. Nowt! We effing amazing!

16. Honestly???

17. I'm going to have to aquire one of these devices, endless opportunities in the breathing apparatus wearing fraternity.

18. Yes. .

19. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399361204.718498.jpg
    I've made all these bad boys :)

Jordan

20. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402700799.471694.jpg

Mods, please PM me if this isn't ok to put here.... I know a lot of people are looking for these.

Jordan