Divers, battles over the bathroom mirrors just got worse

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Guns, Jul 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

So female Divers then. Good news I say. Submariners must be sweating.

Well more than normal.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not actually seen it in black and white yet for Ratings, although there is one or two female MCDO's already & it's been rumoured (from Horsea) for many moons.

Likewise the submarine world appears to be following the US lead, if rumours are to be beleved.

3. The first MCDO was going through when I was on the gates at HI although they were saying therr won't be any female ratings for long time when I was there. However things always change. Soon no doubt there will be. As long as they are treate physically the same as males as they do the same job I don't see why not. If they have a different physical standard then they shouldn't.

4. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Galaxy came out today detailing both CD and MCDOs are open to both genders.

5. Not the first ones by any means. You're too young to remember Lotte Hass but she was all the rage in the days of B&W TV.

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

As far as the RN or, more correctly, the RNR is concerned, the following article was published in the RN Minewarfare & Diving magazine in Jan 1990:
    [align=center]
    [​IMG][/align]

6. Nah, have you not read the other Galaxy Brief that inferred women in submarines was unlikely to occur until the Vanguard replacement comes online? Shift over and make way at that mirror Diver types.

Have a nice day

IDOITDEEPER

7. There are NO female CDO's yet. There is one on course now. You may have been on the gate around 2001 when ***** Qualed as ships diver. Enough said on what happened to her in the fleet. Doesn't work off shore so why will it work in the navy? Really think you need exposure to our branch to make a true assessment.