Diver Medical

Chilliman90

Badgeman
Chilliman90

I'm assuming that you are a diver in the Army.

It might be worthwhile speaking to the RN Careers Advisors who cover the AFCO closest to you to verify what the situation might be re transferring as an already fully-trained diver in the Army to the equivalent position in the Navy.

If such a transfer wouldn't be possible for two or three years, it's probably best for you to have the chapter and verse now, so that you can plan other areas of your life.

Which city/large town would cover your area?

Hi buddy

I'm not an Army Diver , my plan is to transfer to Royal Engineers and try to get an Army Divers course, with the long term outlook of potentially transferring later down the line.

Hi buddy

I'm not an Army Diver , my plan is to transfer to Royal Engineers and try to get an Army Divers course, with the long term outlook of potentially transferring later down the line.

Be aware there is nearly zero cross over in terms of skills from RE diving to RN diving. You'd be starting again.

RE Diving is a continuation of RE tasks below the water: construction and search. Mainly surface fed, although there is some scuba style diving. It is a secondary task for all involved.

RN diving is nearly all scuba diving, concentrating on mine countermeasures and EOD. Can be much deeper, is much more technical diving and is the primary job of all involved.

Chilliman90

Badgeman
RE Diving is a continuation of RE tasks below the water: construction and search. Mainly surface fed, although there is some scuba style diving. It is a secondary task for all involved.

RN diving is nearly all scuba diving, concentrating on mine countermeasures and EOD. Can be much deeper, is much more technical diving and is the primary job of all involved.

Thanks buddy ill try get more info on the medical if I can , thanks for your help.