Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dive Bar - Chatham

Wakey

Can anyone tell me the name of the dive bar which was downstairs, dark and dingy in the middle of Chatham in 1982? I remember it had a pool table down there. Don’t remember much else tho!

Wakey

I used to walk up from the dockyard barracks there were two pubs on left side by hill / roundabout then we headed down into Chatham hitting this bar (van damme?) playing pool. It had a very low ceiling and some girl called Rosanna with black curly hair!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I thought Van Dammes was in the shopping centre. One of the pubs at the top of the hill out of the yard was the Army & Navy iirc.

Dusty70

War Hero
I thought Van Dammes was in the shopping centre. One of the pubs at the top of the hill out of the yard was the Army & Navy iirc.
The other was the Royal Marine - there was another Royal Marine in town in an old building on the corner of the road opposite the Mall - which wasn't there until the 90s

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Ocean Turtle Diving: a Forces Friendly dive school MoD News 0
D Mine Clearance Diver Application Process, Dive Medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Mtgmatty Prnc and apt dive test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
soleil Mail: "Call Me Dive ... PM Cameron (In A Nice Navy Sweater) Tours Nuclear Submarine" Submariners 2
S Dive Specific Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
A military dive site Submariners 0
A Military dive site The Corps 0
soleil Herald (Scot.): "Wrecks Appeal: Plans To Sink Warship Off Mull For Dive Hotspot" The Fleet 2
Ageing_Gracefully Dive, dive, dive - bbc 4 tv Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
soleil Video of Astute's First Dive Submariners 3
Naval_Gazer Navy News: HMS Astute makes her inaugural dive Submariners 0
D WANTED OLD ISSUE DIVE WATCH (ROLEX) Submariners 3
GSSR_Vvd Take the dive or not? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Your Deepst dive ???? Submariners 103
F Can't get bank account due to marker. Is this a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Eurocopter EC135T1, corrosion-initiated fracture of a main rotor actuator tie bar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Looking back at 125 years of the Bar Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Export bar placed on rare bronze sculpture by François Girardon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Export bar placed on Liss masterpiece MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Crossed the Bar The Quarterdeck 19
C Inhalers a bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Export bar placed on unique 18th century work by Joseph Wright of Derby MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity that ran a bar turns around following statutory inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Export Bar placed on Renaissance casket in a bid to keep it in UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 raises the bar on emissions standards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Annual Bar and Young Bar Conference 2018: David Gauke speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Professional Entry Scheme: Bar Council app to be tested at five new courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Local courts and tribunals help to raise the bar on provision of refreshments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Advocate General for Northern Ireland, Geoffrey Cox QC MP called to the Bar MoD News 0
2_deck_dash Sad news. Stan the Man has crossed the bar. Diamond Lil's 43
I Informing of two crossing the bar Nearest & Dearest 5
N Potential Medical Bar to Entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Origins of the term "crossing the bar"?! The Quarterdeck 21
F Automatic bar to entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Stirlin Bar Convent...York. Hobbies & The Great Indoors 0
W Powder Inhaler bar to entry? Health & Fitness 2
Stirlin The Rum Bar. Diamond Lil's 0
Monty.T Back problem.. A bar from entry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Dredd Humourless bar stewards Diamond Lil's 2
scouse Crossing the Bar History 6
janner One night in the bar Miscellaneous 0