Dit Rustling

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by switt, Feb 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,

I am looking for help.

My name is Steve Whittle and i left the RN in 2003. I am writing a fictional book based on true urban dits from the RN/RM. I have requested dits from serving/ex serviceman and the response has been great however, there are alot of repititions. This would suggest there is alot of dit rustling going on lol.

I would love to receive any of your funny dits (Yours or not) and you will be credited in the book. For the benefit of the RM, I have lots of stories involving the RN getting one over the RM. I hope you can start to even out the dits for me.

You can contact me at [email protected] or on here of course.

Remember that i will be adjusting the dit to fit the character in the book, however, you will know its your dit and be credited for it.

Thank you in advance for any dits

Steve

2. Hello everyone,

I am looking for help.

My name is Steve Whittle and i left the RN in 2003. I am writing a fictional book based on true urban dits from the RN/RM. I have requested dits from serving/ex serviceman and the response has been great however, there are alot of repititions. This would suggest there is alot of dit rustling going on lol.

I would love to receive any of your funny dits (Yours or not) and you will be credited in the book. For the benefit of the RM, I have lots of stories involving the RN getting one over the RM. I hope you can start to even out the dits for me.

You can contact me at [email protected] or on here of course.

Remember that i will be adjusting the dit to fit the character in the book, however, you will know its your dit and be credited for it.

Thank you in advance for any dits

Steve

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

2 posts both asking other people to write your book for you, so that you can earn from it.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Spamming on two forums, can a MOD shut this one please

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Got a blowjob from a wren once, hope this helps.

6. It's funny how many times i have received that dit

7. Hasn't Surg Cdr Rick Jolly already done this? Something like "Tot Tales" or something like that....

8. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

merged

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to Rum ration.

This website is chock-a-block full of dits, me hearty.

Rather than have it all served-up in a nice tidy pile for you on a silver platter, a bit of pro-active research & then perhaps 'PM'-ing the poster for permission to quote, maybe a more realistic approach.

Good luck in your quest!

10. Thanks for the comments so far.

I would like to point out that I have of course done my research before asking for dits to be told directly. This book is a fictional story and not a collection of dits, There is much to be gleaned from a story that is told directly to you in the story tellers unique way. Rick Jolly has done very good books and I have contacted him for guidance, I'm not copying anything.

I hope this explains what I am looking for.

11. Were you a Scablifter Steve, on the Brum or York IIRC?

12. no, i was a sparker and then OMc on GUZZ ships

13. Switt

I suggest you look at "Why Should Britain Tremble" by Chas Cooke. He has already cornered a large supply of standard dits.

Nutty

14. thanks, I have seen it. I am endeavoring not to replicate others. it's a minefield out there. :thumright:

15. Whilst circumnavigating this site I suggest you remember to have your soap-on-a-rope handy at all times! :lol:

16. Says it all really. "cross me Palm with Silver Guv, I've got a sh!tload of dits.. for a price and a mensh in the front of your book"

RED SAILOR
    NANKING INCIDENT
    SAND PEBBLES
    SINGAPORE SLING.

or just sit and write your own and then formulate your plan. (that will be £30 Mate)

17. Pinch,

Although I can fully appreciate the request for silver, alas, I have none.

What I can guarentee is the creditation in the book. All dits will associated with the provider.

18. I remember you from the Montrose - didn't you defect to another service?

19. A red ass communicator no less

i'm sure i joined up with this chap, just very very blond

last of the sparkers :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

20. Buster, think you will find there are still plenty of real sparkers about and I can think of at least a dozen or so, all Warrants or CPO's now. :thumright: