dissapointed

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by phil2907, Mar 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. passed my fitness test before christmas with a good time about 10,10 or something like that. Realised yesterday that thanks to becomeing lazy, i hadn't ran since early january, was extremely pissed of with myself. so went out for a run. have gained almost two minutes. beasted myself tonight and starting a new fitness plan tomorrow, any advice or ideas would be appreciated... Phil

2. I'm afraid there is no hope for you. You should probably apply for the RAF, failing that I suppose you could top yourself. My mate drives a train on the London to Birmingham route, I can get you the location of a good bridge if you want.

3. You say manged 10:10 before Christmas. I'm guessing you didnt just turn up on the day and run that, so why don't you just try a similar fitness plan to the one you were doing prior to that? If you've done it once you should be able to do it again without to much drama if you put the effort in.

4. Thats nothing, I've just got my date for RNAC, and been told by an 'un-newbie' to watch out for the bum sex 8O !

The moral of the story - Things are never as bad as what the seem...

5. 10.10 already is lazy!

I suggest 3/4 runs a week of a minimum of 3 miles for each. Start off easy and increase the pace accordingly. You could replace a run with a different type of CV exercise if you prefer.

There is a good Navy Seal workout on YouTube, and im not recommending it because its 'NAVY SEAL - HARDCORE STUFF', but the exercises are well explained and demonstrated, and work almost every part of the body. Also, no equiptment is required at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMP6rIrmtI

I doubt you will follow it all or the recommended CV exercise, but if you do and do that work out regularly and give some effort to it, you will get in good shape and have a good all round level of fitness.

Just to add - That SEAL workout is absolutely perfect for any future divers if your wanting to work the muscle groups required, including hip abductors for finning.

6. cheers mate thanks for tha video and advice : ) will give that video a look tomorrow sounds like what i need tho cheers :)

7. Phil

Don't be despondent. Look at it this way; you have realised in time that you have let your fitness slide; take a positive attitude and apply yourself to the task.

I'm not as good on fitness advice as many Rum Rationers, but I will recommend the fitness plan on this page:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operati...ool/before-you-join/fitness/fitness-programme

Start with that tomorrow.

The one thing I will say is, don't suddenly go crazy and end up with some kind of injury - that won't help at all - work your way back up to fitness - and keep an eye on your diet, as well:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operati.../rn-recruit-school/before-you-join/nutrition/

8. You haven't seen his shitter yet

9. I never thought about that JJ 8O

10. Like said before though, dont rush into it, you'll only end up injured. Oh and dont be expecting to keep up with the guys doing the exercises in the video straight away, if ever lol. Especially the sit ups ;)

11. That's a plan, but you never know who's brother might happen along and spoil it. 8O :D :wink:

12. will start that tomrrow after work cheers

13. Phil

Good.

Let us know how you get on.

14. You want to get better at running ? Tuff one, ever thought about just running and get the miles in, I find this helps.

15. :lol: :lol: Rumrat you cheeky bugger

16. :wink:

17. Yea...nosey bastard....can just see him running along the track waving a red flag.... :D

18. As I posted in another thread, I'm in a similar position (lazy bastard). I've gained way too much time just from being lazy (although I was also making a concerted effort to gain some weight at the same time - so one good, one bad). However, because I've been spending so much time swimming, I keep picking up the odd cough because of all the chlorine (or so my doc says) which is making everything that much more difficult. Leading up to the fitness test I'm gonna have to take a few weeks off swimming. Thankfully I have managed to sort out my upper body a wee bit in the meantime so it's not all lazybastardedness.

19. Wi' a sprog tucked under each arm :wink:

20. :lol: :D :lol: ...Only ONE under each arm?