Disgusting payout to ex army lesbian

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by YouAreHavingALaugh, Nov 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is she is drag??

2. Disgusting you say.
    How right you are.
    I am permanently injured from serving Queen and country, albeit not as bad as some, and got nowhere near that amount.
    Seems like hurt feelings are worth more than real injury in the line of duty.
    Hope she gives some to a worthy cause.

3. I sincerely hope your not in too much pain G.R.

This just highlights the blame other society that we live in. In the job i do if your a woman and you can't stand the banter then your in the wrong job because its what we all need to get through another shift.

4. This world is FUBAR.

She is now a TA stripey. One would think one would give her a kick up the ass but that would be another claim!

I recieved two thousand for tinnitus have a high pitched noise in my head 24/7. Police woman recieved quarter of a million from the effect of wearing a ear piece for a few years. I must thank the GMBMU for fighting my case and taking a hundred quid out of the pot of gold. There solicitor stated being ex forces this will be taken into account and you could end up with nothing!!

5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Ex R_D, I assume you meant to say "in drag". In which case you're referring to the girlfriend. The one who won the payout is the divs one who doesn't even look like a dyke, f****** wasted if she is, no wonder her boss wanted to try and convert her!

6. I fully agree with your statements.... However, if it wasn't for the fcuk wit sgt gobbing off when he shouldn't there wouldn't have been a snag and save a bit of money. Probably a mate of the bod how chucked a pace stick into a juniors head.

7. I standby my comments. She's howling mate and her "friend" looks like Hugh Grant in drag FFS

8. I understand the anger but of course the two things are not the same.

Firstly the payment to the woman is a one off payment and meant not just to compensate her but also to punish her employer so that they will take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

As for the injured serviceman the lump sum is not the only payment there are also pension payments for the rest of his life and if this was 'grossed up' to the cash payment which would be needed today to guarantee that pension then the sum awarded would be very much larger.

That said I still do believe that the government and the MOD still do not properly compensate those who are seriously injured whilst serving their country but hell they don't pay them properly whilst they are still serving any way so is that a big surprise.

As a generality this nation does not pay anything like enough for it's servicemen, it equips them badly, and then fails to look after them when they leave the service. Not that much to be proud of really.

9. The voice of reason. I think the Scum failed to mention that this was a "one off" payment because as usual it want to sell newspapers and is only seen to be the servicemen/womens friend when it suits them

10. Lets see now…

She was driving around in a car with the registration plate 'T44RT X'.

She'd done 9…

Kerching!

I'm going out anyway, claim I was going to sign up for another 12, claim the nasty Sgt was picking on poor little shrinking violet me and I had to leave…

Kerching!

£190,000 thank you!

(She had claimed for £380,000)

11. tiddlyoggy

Picky b******! I can't believe you were ever a bootneck! Wet blobby will be having you disowned by the corps.

12. Erm. Think what you like mate. A man has to have standards and having turked some right of biffers in the past i'm now a reformed individual!!

13. Disgusted as always and lost for words over yet another bout of madness from the PC brigade who sanction such claptrap.

Bloody carpet munching bitch.

14. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The real villains in this case are the SNCO who should have rapidly lost his stripes for sexually harrassing a junior, and their officers. I was told some time back by a serving pongo officer that the Army was looking at the RN's divisional system .. wonder where that got to.

Compensation for injuries in service are a totally different subject. That argument goes back years to the matey and the matelot who were sharing a stage over the side which collapsed, injuring both, and the matey collected many times what the matelot got. the problem is that the MoD decides compensation for servicemen on a basis of what it feels it can afford/get away with and isn't subject to the law, whereas in harrassment cases it is.

If any RRs have to go cap in hand to the MoD for injury money ALWAYS APPEAL and then ALWAYS GO TO THE TRIBUNAL. Use the RBL help which is available.

15. Seems it wasnt just the MOD paying lip service to her....

She should give all the money to the Help for Heros fund.

16. I don't see employers being forced to treat their employees fairly as particulary PC, rather just basic human decency, and the only way most employers take notice is when it costs them big bucks, hence the payouts. The reality is the army should have sorted that one out long before she even had grounds to go to a tribunal, they didn't and that's that.

That of course does not mean I think the compensation for injured service men is adequate but that is a wholly different problem I'm afraid and papers like the scum will be bleeting just as much if servicemen start to get paid what they really deserve. The scum just like bleeting and doesn't care about any of us as long as they get their bonuses.

17. tiddlyoggy

Nail hit on head good and proper mate!

18. Whilst I agree that she shouldn't have got as much money as she did, comments like "carpet munching bitch" are going to ensure that there are plenty more cases like this.

At the end of the day, none of us should be belittling each other. There's a difference between banter and humiliation. Time for the rest of us to stand up and be counted against those dishing out stupid comments and maybe the MoD can start spending its cash on the things we really need.