Disgusted Home of Dambusters up for Sale

Dambusters Squadron helped to sink the Turpids in Norway so if she had got into the Atlantic Allied Convoys would have suffer and the Royal Navy didn't have the Sea Power to deal with her

Dambusters Squadron helped to sink the Turpids in Norway so if she had got into the Atlantic Allied Convoys would have suffer and the Royal Navy didn't have the Sea Power to deal with her
Yes. But why is this in the Joining the RN " thread? If you want to wax nostalgic there is the History section. If it is a Current Affair there is a section for it there. If you just want to have a rant head to Diamond Lils and select the " Things that p*** me off " thread.

617 squadron still exists but isn't based there so wtf has a length of concrete in Lincolnshire got to do with anything?
Besides which your grasp of history and the WW2 RN is shite!

MODs, can this go in Lils or the Barge?

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
I always understood that the dog was killed on the road outside the base the day before the raid and, in tribute, his name was used in the raid as a codeword to indicate that the Moehne Dam had been breached.

Oh no!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Biggin_Hill_Airport
"However, in 1958 Biggin Hill ceased to be an operational RAF station, becoming the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre for the RAF. "
"Meanwhile, the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre moved to RAF Cranwell in 1992, marking the end of active RAF involvement "

No-one told me!!! Gutted!! Could have written a long and off thread monologue about how it is a national disgrace - have the government not seen the film 'Battle of Britain' at Christmas!!

Oh hang on - I wasn't born in '58 so I couldn't moan. Lets bring in a thread for retrospective moaning about long lost RAF airbases - or maybe not.

Or a new thread 'Did you know that X of the Y ships I served on have been scrapped / sold' (Insert numbers and delete to match your particular circumstances.)

Where I grew up was RAF Kenley, a frontline airfield of 11 Group during the BoB, it's now a housing estate..I'm truly outraged :mad:

And the Guards barracks at the same location is now a housing estate as well..double outrage :mad::mad:

My house was built on the site of an old farm.
I'm sure they provided food to the troops during World War II.

It's a disgrace. I'm going to demolish my house in protest.