Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discharged TU (I) wanting to rejoin

I’m a firm believer in ,”You make your bed, now you bed down.”
Sorry mate. No sympathy from this call sign. (Cake and eat it??). Ridiculous.
I standby for lashing......
Couldn’t give 2 fcuks tbf.

IMO the OP's original intention is one of those things that it's impossible to judge without additional knowledge.

We all know people who've played a "tactical wibble" to get out of a deployment/ course/ draft.

By the same token, the OP could just as easily have been completely mismatched to the RN, had a bad time mentally and is trying to claim he was faking it a few years down the line to have a (probably ill-advised) second bite at the cherry. It must have been the psychiatrist's medical opinion that he was profoundly unsuitable for service life in order to grade him TU (I) so I'll take that at face value, it's not a good choice of lifestyle for everyone.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
IMO the OP's original intention is one of those things that it's impossible to judge without additional knowledge.

We all know people who've played a "tactical wibble" to get out of a deployment/ course/ draft.

By the same token, the OP could just as easily have been completely mismatched to the RN, had a bad time mentally and is trying to claim he was faking it a few years down the line to have a (probably ill-advised) second bite at the cherry. It must have been the psychiatrist's medical opinion that he was profoundly unsuitable for service life in order to grade him TU (I) so I'll take that at face value, it's not a good choice of lifestyle for everyone.
Fair one.
I still stand by my post.

Alfacharlie

War Hero

Also, why should his entry have to endure him dripping every 5 mins if he changes moods again??
I reckon we all had the free rider coasting it in basic.
Then, sea time. Different ballgame. I personally cannot see the OP rejoining. Maybe, the COVID has resurrected an urge??? Who knows, who cares.

Also, why should his entry have to endure him dripping every 5 mins if he changes moods again??
I reckon we all had the free rider coasting it in basic.
Then, sea time. Different ballgame. I personally cannot see the OP rejoining. Maybe, the COVID has resurrected an urge??? Who knows, who cares.

Pretty much agree mate, I doubt he'll get back in with a TU (I) discharge based on the wording in BR3 anyway, at least in the short-term.

I wish him good luck in his future (civvie) career though - just because the RN wasn't for him at 18 doesn't mean he can't be successful elsewhere (I have this chat with trainees fairly often in the training establishment I work in).

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Pretty much agree mate, I doubt he'll get back in with a TU (I) discharge based on the wording in BR3 anyway, at least in the short-term.

I wish him good luck in his future (civvie) career though - just because the RN wasn't for him at 18 doesn't mean he can't be successful elsewhere (I have this chat with trainees fairly often in the training establishment I work in).
Totally agree mate.
But, I won’t wear kiddy gloves.
He wanted out! Job done and played wibble. Now that’s another space for someone who actually wants to serve, instead of missing home etc.
My opinions.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Late to the party on this one but TU(I) would be a pretty difficult one to appeal against. In my experience, it is usually only given in extreme circumstances whereby the individual's actions at the point prior to discharge caused significant concern prejudicial to the wellbeing of the person or those with whom they work. ie: suicidal, homicidal, psychotic, etc.

Whilst it's appreciated "well meaning" advice from colleagues may have been instrumental to the type of discharge of a minor, there will have been mitigating circumstances which we are not privy to.

My advice for the OP, to investigate future potential for re-employment in the UK Armed Forces, is to submit a Subject Access Request to request a copy of the documented history relating to the circumstances, medical, disciplinary or otherwise, which relate to the category of discharge and the award(?) of any compensatory remuneration: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/obtain-information-about-yourself-held-by-mod

From that, you should be able to gauge whether it is worth accruing the evidence to disprove the allegedly fraudulent release from the service by submitting an appeal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Medically discharged Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
L Medically discharged at Raleigh - chances of rejoining? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
L Medically discharged from army for migraines Health & Fitness 3
A Can I be discharged for this? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D Family member discharged. Nearest & Dearest 4
N Medically discharged Finance & Pensions 13
B Discharged Temperamental Unsuitability Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
B Joining RNR after being Discharged From Regular Navy Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 25
S Medically Discharged Health & Fitness 10
L medically discharged with diabetes Health & Fitness 5
W Discharged from the army can i join the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
chockhead819 Discharged as fit but!! Health & Fitness 2
F can i rejoin after being medical discharged Health & Fitness 6
brazenhussy Discharged P7RD Health & Fitness 20
K Another 17 year old wanting to join the Navy Joining the Royal Navy 20
M 17yr old wanting to join the RN Joining the Royal Navy 21
C Advice for my dad - wanting to join RFA 1
SONAR-BENDER ISIS wanting to come home. Current Affairs 230
R 16 Year Old Wanting To Join RN But Parents Are Apprehensive. HELP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
C Daughter wanting join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
1 Ex army wanting to join. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
HJTaylor Is joining the RN compatible with wanting to start a family in the future? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B 17 year old wanting to be a personal logistician Joining the Royal Navy 6
M Wanting to serve on a particular ship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
O Wanting to Join the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D ex army wanting to re-join RMR 10
F Wanting to rejoin Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
I People Wanting to know waiting times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
L A blonde, wanting to earn money.?. Miscellaneous 0
N Wanting to join as an officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
D Ex army wanting to join royal navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 91
lloydie Wanting to do the RNAC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
T Wanting to Join The Fleet 2
Noel Aged 33 wanting to Join the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 113
P skimmer wanting to go deep!!! Submariners 8
D wanting a career change (becoming a AET) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Newbie wanting to join Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
H Wanting To Get Into Rugby Sports and Adventure Training 23
S Those wanting to wear the Green Beret The Corps 9
E Info For People Wanting To Do ET(WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H Should Britain be wanting a leading presence in the world Current Affairs 21
creddly Hi, Another 'Wanting to Join post!' from a Navy Ne Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62
H ROYAL NAVY WANTING TO JOIN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 186
F Possible Rejoin - SE Officer opportunities RFA 1
soleil Mail: "RM Chiefs Spark Fury By Offering £10,000 'Golden Hello' Payments To Former Commandos To Rejoin" The Corps 15
B BMI for rejoin... UPO/Careers Office 7
soleil FlightGlobal: "Analysis: UK Gets Ready To Rejoin Aircraft Carrier Elite" The Fleet Air Arm 2
R Rejoin after 10 years at 33 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
S Desperate to rejoin RFA RFA 34