Discharged Temperamental Unsuitability

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bleh, May 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've searched around the web and I can't find anything on this type of discharge. I was discharged TU about 5 years ago and I'd like to know if my chances of getting back in are 0 or if re-entry is on a case by case basis.

Cheers guys.

2. Without being too rude.

Why don't you ask the people who CAN answer your question the Careers Advisors at your local Careers Office. Unlike us they may actually be in a position to give you a sensible reply!!

3. Yeh I know I should do that but everytime I remember to call them I'm either in a lecture day dreaming or just plain busy. I really should ring them tomorow.

4. I thought that this was the Armed Forces Careers Office?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maybe this "temperamental" thing has something to do with the fact you don't have the Navy as a priority judging by your "I'm too busy to ask a simple question" attitiude?! :banghead:

6. Well I'm still 2 years away from graduating so the Navy isn't my top priority at the moment. I'm just trying to get an idea but I'll contact the AFCO tomorrow hopefully they can give me a straigh forward answer over the phone without having to go see someone.

7. There are differing levels of TU. You should be aware of what level you were as you would have been fully briefed at the time. However, it does appear as though you may have forgotten the details, in which case the AFCO is probably your only route to find out the information that you require for your specific case.

8. You can e-mail them as an alternative.

9. Awesome. Best reply ever. It has a little bit of everything in it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thats bizarre, whenever I'm busy I forget to do other things, not the other way round. Those lectures must be awesome to keep your concentration to the level you've remembered your future career path but not later on.

11. That's because after lectures I'm busy drowning myself in alcohol lol. Lectures are behond boring...

12. What about sending an e-mail to the AFCO now, giving them your details and asking for their opinion?

13. I think I'll give that shot. Thanks for the tips

14. Do you have the e-mail address you need?

15. Email sent. Thanks again.

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If there truly is a God, there'll be an email in my inbox when I arrive at work shortly, requiring my undivided attent...

Ooh, look! a balloon.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  17. *chuckling* in Gosport NS.

18. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Quite. Why go that extra mile when the bar calls?

19. Is the top right hand corner of your Service Certificate missing?