Discharged as fit but!!

I recently had a chat with someone who had a similar problem but it was for PTSD & ended up getting a service medical pension.
I was discharged as "being fit" despite having 2 ops in Haslar on my knee & on going problems in fact I asked the doc at Osprey if it would affect me signing on,& they said it would so i didn't go through the motions.
A month after discharge my knee packed in again leading to 2 further ops as well as its got worse. I do have a war pension, so can anyone give any advice to see if i can get a medical pension?
btw when assessing my war pension it appeared my docs had gone missing.

A

angrydoc

As far as I know, if you were discharged P2 then you are not eligible for a medical pension - but it may be worth checking with the Veterans' Agency.

chockhead819 said:
I recently had a chat with someone who had a similar problem but it was for PTSD & ended up getting a service medical pension.
I was discharged as "being fit" despite having 2 ops in Haslar on my knee & on going problems in fact I asked the doc at Osprey if it would affect me signing on,& they said it would so i didn't go through the motions.
A month after discharge my knee packed in again leading to 2 further ops as well as its got worse. I do have a war pension, so can anyone give any advice to see if i can get a medical pension?
btw when assessing my war pension it appeared my docs had gone missing.
Few of the chaps I work with went through the British Legion for claims for injuries sustained whilst serving.

Give them a ring and get the ball rolling.