Discharge Temperamental Unsuitability but can I rejoin?

#3
I'm surprised you didn't get compassionate leave as you say you left after just 2 months.
If you worked your ticket, then I doubt they would have you back.
It's worth a try though.
Good luck.
 
#5
noiZe said:
I'm going to go see them anyway but id like to here your guys opions.
See your AFCO; they are the only ones with the ability to formally look in to your records and give you reasoned advice. Have you made the appointment yet?
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#6
Grim_Reaper said:
I'm surprised you didn't get compassionate leave as you say you left after just 2 months.
If you worked your ticket, then I doubt they would have you back.
It's worth a try though.
Good luck.
He was in for a year and a half Grim. What ship were you on?
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#8
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Basically it's not the AFCO's call whether you will be accepted back into the service - it's a medical issue.

You may submit an application to re-join & may well be referred by the Medical Examiner to see a specialist in this field.

Providing there were no related disciplinary issues, then the "permission to be processed" is granted on the medical aspects and the availability of jobs within your chosen trade.

The selection decision, once approval to process is granted, rests with the AFCO.

Best of luck - sounds like you need some. :wink:
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#10
noiZe said:
Thanks stoker. Just a little more info, I remember when I was talking to the civy psyc doc he assessed me and within 30mins concluded that I didnt need to be refered for psychiatric treatment and that my depression was purely grieve.

cheers for the advice.
Rest assured there is no need to disclose medical information with regard the circumstances surrounding discharge other than to those qualified within the service to assess medically suitable for further service.

The only bit that concerns the non-medical staff is the former service disciplinary record & recommendations for future service.

Best of luck.
 
#15
uperkurk said:
JonnoJonno said:
uperkurk said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I had never received any kind of punishment during my time in the navy. Attended a sonor 2087 course and an EW course, both of which I passed easily. I really dont think anyone had anything bad to say about me.
Dude, time to step away from the computer. Stop putting personal details on the internet; it's a bit silly.

Good luck though.
If you dont have anything constructive to say please dont post ty.

Thanks for all the advice stoker. Much appreciated.
I think Jonno Jonno was offering you some sound advice. Read Matthew Chapter 12 verse 37 for more details.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#16
No problem.

I rather think Jonno was trying to help too, so let's not start an internet argument. If he wasn't (I doubt) I'll punch him on your behalf. :wink:

We wish you well.
 
#17
noiZe said:
If you dont have anything constructive to say please dont post ty.
I was trying to help mate. Former and future colleagues read this site, and you need to ensure that elements of your past you wish to remain private as you move forward remain that way.

Information contained within internet discussions can easily be exploited, especially given that you (hopefully) may be spending a fair bit of time on here.

Your AFCO should be the only person you ultimately wished to know some of the information provided, and I would suggest that you go over your posts and edit out some of the more personal details.

Good luck
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#18
Joe_Crow said:
uperkurk said:
JonnoJonno said:
uperkurk said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I had never received any kind of punishment during my time in the navy. Attended a sonor 2087 course and an EW course, both of which I passed easily. I really dont think anyone had anything bad to say about me.
Dude, time to step away from the computer. Stop putting personal details on the internet; it's a bit silly.

Good luck though.
If you dont have anything constructive to say please dont post ty.

Thanks for all the advice stoker. Much appreciated.
I think Jonno Jonno was offering you some sound advice. Read Matthew Chapter 12 verse 37 for more details.
Wow, Joe!

I'm impressed.
 
#19
JonnoJonno said:
noiZe said:
If you dont have anything constructive to say please dont post ty.
I was trying to help mate. Former and future colleagues read this site, and you need to ensure that elements of your past you wish to remain private as you move forward remain that way.

Information contained within internet discussions can easily be exploited, especially given that you (hopefully) may be spending a fair bit of time on here.

Your AFCO should be the only person you ultimately wished to know some of the information provided, and I would suggest that you go over your posts and edit out some of the more personal details.

Good luck
What's JJ is trying to say is PERSEC. It was constructive, suck back jack comes to mind.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 51
brazenhussy Health & Fitness 20
P Diamond Lil's 50

Similar threads