Discharge Docs

Discussion in 'UPO' started by karskin, Jan 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there, as part of my application to the RAF they're wanting to see my Discharge documents, and also want me to specify my terms of service and catergory of discharge on my application forms.

Now when I was discharged I wasn't on the trained strength (I failed IOT at BRNC) so I'm stuck as what to write. For catergory of discharge I can only think to put compulsory withdrawn from training as this is the reason I got kicked out. The letter I recieved from BRNC only states that the commdore had approved me being withdrawn and it makes no mention to terms of service. Does anyone know if the procedure is slightly different due to me not completing IOT?

Any help would be appreciated

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not sure which category will have been applied, but suspect it will have been DUDT - Discharged Unsuitable During Training.

You may write to the following address and request a copy of your certificate of termination:

Ex Royal Navy & Royal Marines

DPA Disclosures
    Room 48
    Mail Point G2
    Leach Building
    West Battery
    Whale Island
    PO2 8DX
  3. Thanks for that, I'll look into that. Is the certificate something that should have arrived already or does it normally have to be sent off for?
  4. Damn - i thought this was going to be a vietnam rose thread based on the title
  5. ....don't want that again. 8O
  6. Ok upon further inspection, I've recieved my certificate of service, but no discharge certificate. I do have a letter from the commodore of BRNC stating why I was removed however. It seems strange that they wouldn't send me my discharge certificate...