Discharge Book and British Seamans Card

Hello,

I've recently been sent a provisional offer for employment and there are several things that I need to do before starting at HMS Collingwood. One of them is to obtain a Discharge Book.

Now, the application form for the Discharge Book is partly filled in by the RFA and partly by the applicant. The form contains sections for applying for a British Seamans Card as well as a Discharge Book. The RFA left their corresponding section blank, so I presume I don't need to apply for a British Seamans Card at all?

epsom salt

Lantern Swinger
Hello,

I've recently been sent a provisional offer for employment and there are several things that I need to do before starting at HMS Collingwood. One of them is to obtain a Discharge Book.

Now, the application form for the Discharge Book is partly filled in by the RFA and partly by the applicant. The form contains sections for applying for a British Seamans Card as well as a Discharge Book. The RFA left their corresponding section blank, so I presume I don't need to apply for a British Seamans Card at all?
The sweet young things in Japan always had "chatamati" paper (Just a second) paper, to deal with extraction following discharge, handy.
Never realised the RFA was involved.