Disappeared thread

mikh

MIA
Got a message:

Your thread SBA/LMA Stewart Bruce Jan Greenslade was moved to a different forum.
8:24 AM

But it seems that the thread has been deleted as I cannot find it on search, and when I click into the message I get

Navy Net - Royal Navy Community - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Any one able to give an insight?

mikh

MIA
Cheers Guns your reply is appreciated

A quick PM from the moderator who effectively deleted the thread would have been courteous

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The thread in question was "reported" by a person claiming to be a family member disputing the rather peculiar allegation of being abused. A very odd thread, when you actually read the content.

As the individual claiming to be a family member threatened legal action against mikh, I 'moderated' the post, assuming the OP receives a notification message stating the reason it was moved off the boards.

Clearly that didn't happen, my apologies.

Wightsparker

War Hero
As Ninja Stoker says, when you read ( i.e. in the past) the thread it was odd - and rather sad, too. Family arguments can be nasty, and I did wonder about possible legal implications. Moderators come in for criticism from time to time, but this decision seems correct to me.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't think that there was any criticism implied about the removal of the thread, the constant, and in my opinion fair criticism, is where threads are removed without any explanation.

Seadog

War Hero
My bad. I had other priorities after clearing up the latest spam and reading the reported thread and all on an iPhone. Rather than try to compose reasons in writing or edit on such a device - I thought I'd wait until I was on a proper computer. The reason for the binning was -I thought- obvious.

There are some needy, demanding posters here, I regret I cannot meet their expectations for prompt written justification for every moderation decision.

There, all on an iPhone. Can I stand at ease now?

mikh

MIA
Not one but to mods, moderated one of my few and far between threads, I am truly honoured, but thanks for getting back to me

Ninja, I did receive a notification that it had been moved, but nothing as to the whys and wherefores, I did post a reply to the family member that I would forward his answer onto the Doc, but the thread was gone when I next logged in, so I missed his reply to me, otherwise, I would probably applied a little self moderations :rolleyes:

Seadog, the thread disappeared sometime on Saturday morning, I asked the question if anyone knew what had happened to it on Saturday afternoon, and Guns kindly replied on Sunday. I understand that you have a life outside of RR and that answers may not be given immediately, but is it too much to ask that a reason for deletion be given? As for your reply, 1st paragraph was more than I would normally expect in the way of an answer from you, but true to form on your 2nd paragraph, a condescending and mildly insulting dig, but on the 3rd, is that signs of a sense of humour? if yes, you can stand at ease, if no, stay at attention for a while longer :p

Wightsparker

War Hero
Mikh. I did read the posts whilst they were still unmoderated.
As I said earlier, I think the decision to delete the thread was the right decision. As to the notification re whys and wherefores, you may well be expecting too much of the system.

Seadog. You said:

"There are some needy, demanding posters here, I regret I cannot meet their expectations for prompt written justification for every moderation decision."

With the greatest of respect, that sounds pompous. Noting that I thought it was Ninja Stoker who moderated the post, might it be worth listening to individuals like Mikh who make perfectly valid points? After all, how often are threads deleted?

mikh

MIA
Read the first reply from the grandson, which I admit took me a bit by surprise, but taking in to account that it appears the allegations of abuse may have been levelled at a family member (I assumed it was another case of care home abuse) I can well understand the grandson getting upset, and I apologise without reservation for any distress I caused him or his family.

I believe the original request for photos has also been removed from the lost oppos facebook page.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Can I just point out, it is I that deletes the majority of spam. Me. Ok? Me.

Cheers.

Seadog

War Hero
I didn't delete the thread. I parked it up in the admin area so it could be "thought about" tweaked, caveated, reinstated as was or binned by whichever mod fancied doing so. I figured they would spot the reason it was relocated and an explanation wouldn't be necessary. I was right.

Threads/posts that are deleted are gone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alfred_the_great Has ARRSE just disappeared? Site Issues 11
oldseadog HMS Plymouth has 'disappeared' Current Affairs 2
soleil Mail: "Mutiny Or Sabotage? 60 Years Ago HMS Affray Mysteriously Disappeared" Submariners 21
scouse Branches /Trades disappeared in the RN in last 50yrs!!! The Quarterdeck 91
Oscar1 Desktop icons disappeared.... Bloody Computers 5
MoD_RSS From Arab headdresses to the aerospace industry, the thread of history links us to the Middle East MoD News 0
D Close thread Diamond Lil's 53
F THANK YOU THREAD NOW CLOSED Miscellaneous 42
MoD_RSS Response to FT article and Twitter thread by Peter Foster MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Lock-Down thread 2020. Diamond Lil's 563
C follow up to parents thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
skyvet The random thread of NO bollocks! Diamond Lil's 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Thread Merge Request Site Issues 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Strengthening prisoners’ family ties: the ‘golden thread’ to reducing reoffending MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The P.S.O.F. thread. Diamond Lil's 12
BillyNoMates The 2018 thread of Resolutions Diamond Lil's 69
K Please Delete...Pointless Thread Now :) Joining the Royal Navy 31
C Walt Thread Petitions 45
SONAR-BENDER The 2017 Chrimbo thread Diamond Lil's 322
Stirlin Good News Thread. Diamond Lil's 11
janner Stirlins thread for when He comes back. Diamond Lil's 59
Bad CO Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 595
woody28 Psychometric- yet another thread Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
HHH You Can Edit Your Thread Title Site Issues 0
BillyNoMates The Christmas 2016 Thread. Diamond Lil's 148
BillyNoMates Strange people creating accounts (amended thread title) Miscellaneous 18
Yetiboy48 Wrong thread Blue Jokes 8
GreedoTheFerret Yet another clearance diver thread... Sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
A Norman - cumgargling mongtard thread-split. Diamond Lil's 39
F Probably my last ever thread Diamond Lil's 60
P Scottish thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
W GYH(T) Thread UPO 1
Ninja_Stoker The "your name here" thread Diamond Lil's 205
SONAR-BENDER The crap journalism thread. Diamond Lil's 12
BillyNoMates RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself) Diamond Lil's 1459
soleil Who cooked all the pies? (moved thread) Competitions 14
4 Asthma thread again Health & Fitness 3
Ships_Cat Plot spoilers thread... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 92
P Bounty Thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
BillyNoMates Walt yourself. (The Thread Of Lies) Diamond Lil's 37
Blackrat The DQ's Thread The Gash Barge 3
S Tattoo Policy, so good they ask it twice (merged thread) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
BillyNoMates The Gash barge Thread of interesting whatever. The Gash Barge 0
finknottle Crayoning in the 'In Memoriam' thread The Quarterdeck 5
Vrumm Trouble adding new thread Site Issues 2
Rumrat The thread of random good ideas. (Or make Rumrat rich thread) Diamond Lil's 35
N The Random Thread of Mingingness Diamond Lil's 126
BillyNoMates The random thread of fluffiness Diamond Lil's 206
L Another RFA joining thread. RFA 2
G NSN's - Is there a thread dedicated to these? Current Affairs 15