Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Direct entry RN Police (ex reg, current police officer)

Hello,

I’m an Ex matelot and current serving Police Officer, and currently flirting with the idea of rejoining. Anyone have any dealings with direct entry Reggies? Good, bad or indifferent!

Last edited:
I was once invited to a piss up with Reggies (including SIB) and local CivPlod.

If I had a pound for every time a Regulator called the civvy Inspector 'Guv' I would have retired 25 years ago.

I was once invited to a piss up with Reggies (including SIB) and local CivPlod.

If I had a pound for every time a Regulator called the civvy Inspector 'Guv' I would have retired 25 years ago.

Is it wise to admit on this forum that you actually attended a pissup with reggies?
This will really affect your streed cred and not in a good way:D

I used to drink with a Reggie on a regular basis, I liked to call him Tea Boy:D

I think search not working well, I am sure there was a thread on Direct Entry reggies?

There is, but no first hand experience with the branch. I’ll probably knock the idea on the head anyhow. I spoke with a careers advisor this morning, I don’t have the GCSE’s to join direct so would have to re join as a Dabber first!! That would require taking nearly 30k worth of pay cut...

I’ll stick with the old Bill and hope the Government don’t move the goal posts re pension again......

As both an ex matelot and and a serving copper, I doubt you would qualify. That is, unless your not very bright and can lift heavy things. The fact you are even contemplating such an application may well have answered the 'brightness' aspect! :)

Haha, I am reasonabley bright AND have been known to dead lift the odd heavy weight as you mention it.

The only reason I’m even contemplating such a move is the fact that when I joined the Police I could retire at 56 with a bloody good pension. Now it’s 60 with a greatly reduced pension. If I were to rejoin the mob I’d be able to retire at 44(ish) with a full pension, with my former service and police pension transferred over.

Haha, I am reasonabley bright AND have been known to dead lift the odd heavy weight as you mention it.

The only reason I’m even contemplating such a move is the fact that when I joined the Police I could retire at 56 with a bloody good pension. Now it’s 60 with a greatly reduced pension. If I were to rejoin the mob I’d be able to retire at 44(ish) with a full pension, with my former service and police pension transferred over.

Just to cheer you up I retired from Plod in 1998 pensions very nice thank you. o_O

I'm surprised they could move the goal posts after you started with the police e.g. retire at 56. And amend it to 60.
At least you will have a job ( all things considered) till you retire. I left the mob and joined the police in the early 70's BEFORE 1975, which meant my time in the mob (9+2 boys time) was not transferrable to police pensionable time. Seems we all get a green rub one way or another! So I soldiered on until I was 55 and retired. I still think you are better off staying where you are long term. Whatever, best of luck. :)

Latest Threads