Direct Entry - Naval Police.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I know. not too sure what point you are making

All i said that the banter in the mess will be pretty interesting.
As stated they'll only be AB's for a short period of time anyway.

The old NP armband (below) used to temporarily give Shore Patrol & Gangway Staff disciplinary authority when conducting the course of their duties, possibly that's the 'logic' behind it. We shall see.

Let's face it YO's embarked in training billets undergo a similar rite of passage. I had it the same as a 'Scale A' SSMEM but found it pretty easy to match the intellect and communicate in a non-verbal manner that the occasional bone three-badge AB could readily understand.

Navy_Provost_Armband.JPG

As stated they'll only be AB's for a short period of time anyway.

The old NP armband (below) used to temporarily give Shore Patrol & Gangway Staff disciplinary authority when conducting the course of their duties, possibly that's the 'logic' behind it. We shall see.

Let's face it YO's embarked in training billets undergo a similar rite of passage. I had it the same as a 'Scale A' SSMEM but found it pretty easy to match the intellect and communicate in a non-verbal manner that the occasional bone three-badge AB could readily understand.

View attachment 22240
Confused the Crabs to death when we wore them at Wittering and Cottesmore!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

Will reentrants have to do the full selection process and marinisation phase, or will concessions be made for previous service?

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

Will reentrants have to do the full selection process and marinisation phase, or will concessions be made for previous service?
It's generally the branch manager's shout on a "case by case" basis but in general, those 'outside' more than five years should join in the expectation of undergoing a full training package if joining in a different branch. If the BM states it's not necessary, it's a Brucey Bonus.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
In the case of Naval Police, who are promoted(advanced) early doors, Initial Naval Training is a pretty good place to demonstrate leadership potential, attitude to discipline and all that good stuff.

In the case of Naval Police, who are promoted(advanced) early doors, Initial Naval Training is a pretty good place to demonstrate leadership potential, attitude to discipline and all that good stuff.
do they get a little black book to take notes?:(

2 time failure,if not PTI stuff you are choosing the right branch, work hard, good luck, try and stay the course. Obviously no chance of being a submariner.