Direct entry Aircrewman

Hi, I am booked in for my FATs in a couple of months and have a question!
I understand Aircrew (pilot/obs) must pass AIB and I keep hearing about Aircrew ‘selection’ based on their AIB score and how competitive their FATs score.
My question, as I am applying as Aircrewman, not Aircrew, and I don’t attend AIB, should I pass my FATs and the dreaded Aircrew medical is it then just a matter of an intake date, or is their still ‘selection’ involved. Basically, Is it possible to not be selected for Rating Aircrewman role after passing all relevant tests....?
Thanks

soleil

War Hero
Hi, I am booked in for my FATs in a couple of months and have a question!
I understand Aircrew (pilot/obs) must pass AIB and I keep hearing about Aircrew ‘selection’ based on their AIB score and how competitive their FATs score.
My question, as I am applying as Aircrewman, not Aircrew, and I don’t attend AIB, should I pass my FATs and the dreaded Aircrew medical is it then just a matter of an intake date, or is their still ‘selection’ involved. Basically, Is it possible to not be selected for Rating Aircrewman role after passing all relevant tests....?
Thanks
You would have to pass the PRNC too. Your PRNC date would tie in with your planned entry date.