Digital Cameras??????

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lucky, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im going on the RNAC soon and wondered if i could take a digital camera or will i get in shit ????
  2. Unless things have changed drastically all you will have to do is register it. Also if you are told that you are going in a restricted area you may have to leave it in your locker
  3. Wanted to take them to show my kids so they will understand more when i leave them.
  4. That's a good question

I know when I was doing work experience at an engineering company, we weren't allowed to have phones and/or cameras with us outside of reception because there were MoD projects going on.

I don't think I'm allowed to say what I saw there, but it's all on their website...I don't know if I'm even allowed to link to it.

However, it was the company that made the T-67 Firefly which is the RAF's and RN's primary training aircraft:

Sorry for that. There was a point to that, sort of. :thumright:

Anyway. That wasn't even MoD premises and we weren't allowed cameras...

EDIT: Also, I'm not exactly qualified. So don't pay much attention to me.
  5. No Tim you are not qualified so shut the fk up and stop giving advice.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Ratings Preparation Course (RPC - or this weeks' name for RNAC) joining letter states the following:

Photography and mobile phones

NO photography is to be undertaken without express permission of the RNAC(N) staff.

Mobile phones must be switched off at all times during the RPC, however, they may be used during allocated programme slots.

To be honest, I'd just rely on a mobile phone camera & use it when it's permitted rather than worry about getting a pass, losing your camera, getting it nicked, etc.
  7. As far as I was aware when I went on my RNAC, photography was not allowed unless you are given permission by the staff. However, the course is far being from a sightseeing tour, and other than the 10 mins you have to yourself in the mess before lights down, you really will not get the time to take pictures. I am sure the PT staff will not be very patient waiting for you to fall in line while you take some snaps of the gym.
    Just my points of view however. The best thing to do is to ask with your AFCO, if you feel it is something that you really the need to do.
  8. I wasn't giving advice. I'd say it was more of giving information of a past experience as a possibilty of forseeing what the rules may be elsewhere.
  9. When i went we got told no pics. to be taken.. but there isnt enough time in the few days because they are packed with stuff to do.. but you get a group picture at the end if thats any help...
  10. Can you take cameras with you for training as I would also like to show my kid what I am doing.
  11. Nope, sorry.

You can take your phone though, so if you like you can take photos of 17 yr old stoker wannabes teabagging each other in the messdeck.
  12. Fantastic.
  13. Thanks for all the info.....Dont think im gonna take it !!! Cheers