Diesel Boat Re-union

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by janner, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Extract from Ken Woods latest missive re Diesel Boat Re-union 6th August 2011 in Guz

Update on the future of the Reunion .

To date I have not yet received any formal letter from any of our members who want to take on the responsibility of organising our Annual DTS which at this stage is very worrying. I was hoping to announce in my speech my successor as ‘Organiser’ but at this late stage it seems unlikely that any person(s) will come forward. I have heard from certain sources that a ‘merger’ ‘takeover’ by other bodies has been suggested but not to me formally. I am open to any ideas from any of you as to the future of our reunion.

Quite a few have asked me where to meet up with other shipmates for those who travel down on the Friday for the weekend. In the past, members used to stay at the Fleet Club for the weekend but since the closure there really isn’t a meeting place and members end up at local hostelries in town. I am a member of the Conservative Club Association in Plymouth and use the Hoe Conservative Club and the steward ‘Tracey’ has agreed for you to use their club anytime over the weekend. The Club is very friendly with a cosy atmosphere, not too big, and would be glad of the custom. The beer is excellent, a lot cheaper than anywhere in the City. I know a lot of you stay in B&B’s in the area so it’s just round the corner. The location is right opposite the Hoe Bowling Green’ a bit further up from Plymouth Registry Office. I will be there on the Friday night if others want to join me.

Plymouth Hoe Club (Clubs & Associations)
    Address: 1-2 Osborne Pl, Plymouth , PL1 2PU

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Extract from Ken Woods latest missive re Diesel Boat Re-union 6th August 2011 in Guz

Update on the future of the Reunion .

To date I have not yet received any formal letter from any of our members who want to take on the responsibility of organising our Annual DTS which at this stage is very worrying. I was hoping to announce in my speech my successor as ‘Organiser’ but at this late stage it seems unlikely that any person(s) will come forward. I have heard from certain sources that a ‘merger’ ‘takeover’ by other bodies has been suggested but not to me formally. I am open to any ideas from any of you as to the future of our reunion.

Quite a few have asked me where to meet up with other shipmates for those who travel down on the Friday for the weekend. In the past, members used to stay at the Fleet Club for the weekend but since the closure there really isn’t a meeting place and members end up at local hostelries in town. I am a member of the Conservative Club Association in Plymouth and use the Hoe Conservative Club and the steward ‘Tracey’ has agreed for you to use their club anytime over the weekend. The Club is very friendly with a cosy atmosphere, not too big, and would be glad of the custom. The beer is excellent, a lot cheaper than anywhere in the City. I know a lot of you stay in B&B’s in the area so it’s just round the corner. The location is right opposite the Hoe Bowling Green’ a bit further up from Plymouth Registry Office. Plymouth Hoe Club (Clubs & Associations)
    Address: 1-2 Osborne Pl, Plymouth , PL1 2PU

Added by janner

A few of us from the Diesel Boat DTS will be there on the Saturday evening if any RR'ers are around